Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    boy o boy he is one sleaze ball
    You can say that again but, since it's been months since I read the dookie on Dees, I better go search and read again past articles before I go quoting anything else. I did do the google search on the words in quotes, "Morris Dees divorce," and past articles I read came up.

Some activist leader in our movement based out of Georgia had some problems with Dees and SPLC in the past year. If I can remember the name(s), I'll supply them and links soon.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

California or ground zero of the invasion
    I believe the push is on to make Tancredo damaged goods so he will not have a chance to run for president, and to silence his voice on illegal immigration.

http://www.currentargus.com/ci_4333360

nation / world news
    Challenger calls Tancredo speech "pandering to hate groups"
    An aide to the lawmaker dismisses foe Bill Winter's claim, saying Tancredo had no idea secessionists were at the S. Carolina event.

By Anne C. Mulkern
    Denver Post Staff Writer
    DenverPost.com

Washington - Rep. Tom Tancredo's Democratic challenger criticized the lawmaker Wednesday for giving a speech in South Carolina that drew members of a Southern secessionist group.

"How can Mr. Tancredo claim to be representing the people of Colorado when he is pandering to hate groups in South Carolina?" said Bill Winter, 6th Congressional District candidate.

About 25 members of the South Carolina League of the South, which advocates an "independent Southern republic," attended Tancredo's speech Saturday in Columbia, S.C., said league board member Lourie Salley.

Salley said his group did not sponsor the appearance, although its website said "Congressman Tom Tancredo ... will be our guest" at the event. That, he said, meant Tancredo would be a guest of South Carolina.

"Congressman Tancredo was in South Carolina to discuss the issue of immigration," Tancredo spokesman Carlos Espinosa said in response to Winter's criticism. "He attended several events to discuss the topic at Clemson University, and at several other events alongside South Carolina's governor, lieutenant governor and a fellow congressman."

Espinosa has said the lawmaker did not know anything about the League of the South or that its members were in attendance.

A political fundraising group called Americans Have Had Enough organized and paid for the event at the South Carolina State Museum. It was part of Tancredo's five-day swing through the state scheduled by the activist group.

Espinosa said Wednesday that Tancredo started Americans Have Had Enough a few months ago, along with current group president Garland McCoy. But McCoy said Tuesday that he started the group and that it was not connected to Tancredo.

Americans Have Had Enough raises money that could be used to target presidential candidates and their position on immigration, Espinosa said. The group also is interested in smaller government and more local control of schools.

In his statement, Winter called attention to another activist involved in Americans Have Had Enough, Richard Hines of Alexandria, Va. Winter said that in 1996, Hines held up a Confederate battle flag at the unveiling of a statue of black tennis great Arthur Ashe Jr. in Richmond, Va., to protest placing the statue near monuments to Confederate heroes.

Hines - who, according to South Carolina State Museum officials, rented the room where Tancredo's speech was held - did not respond to messages.

His wife, Patricia Mayes Hines, said: "My husband is not a racist, has never been a racist." She said it was her idea to hold the event for Tancredo, whom she has known since both worked in the Reagan administration.

Mayes Hines is on the board of directors of Americans Have Had Enough, as is Tancredo aide and ex-chief of staff Jacque Ponder.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12