Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Students rush City Hall in Dallas!

Noon news reports out of Dallas are all about student protests. The first 10 minutes of the broadcast covered these young law-breakers. Videos show them rushing inside City Hall, attempting to enter the upper floors via escalator and wading in and swimming in the reflecting pool outside.

One beliggerent "child" said his parents are "working here" "why should they go home?"

Duh .. did they ever teach anything to those kids in AMERICAN schools about ABIDING BY THE LAW?
    --------------------------------------------------
    http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/w ... df7d7.html

Students continue immigration protests
    11:58 AM CST on Tuesday, March 28, 2006
    From Staff and Wire Reports

WFAA-TV
    The reflecting pond at Dallas City Hall became a swimming pool for some of the young protesters.

DALLAS — At least one girl was seriously injured during a second day of protests by North Texas students against proposed crackdowns on illegal immigrants.

Witnesses said an 18-year-old female Spruce High School student's hand was severed when a van of students in which she was riding rolled over at an intersection.

Hundreds of students from Irving ISD streamed from DART trains at about 10:30 Tuesday morning and marched up Young Street toward City Hall, whooping and hollering, some waving the Mexican flag. Students from Fort Worth and Grand Prairie also walked out of class in protest.

The reflecting pond in front of City Hall became a swimming pool for dozens of young people as the protest continued.

Kerry Vargas, 14, from The Academy at Irving ISD, and Sean Wilder, 17, from MacArthur High School were waving a flag from Costa Rica, where their families came from.

"I have people in my family who are here illegally," Sean said. "I don't want to see them put away in jail."

Kerry said some kids were going through school, saying "Latinos, stand up," prompting them to leave class. "My family came here and worked really hard," Kerry said. "America isn't just one race. They shouldn't do this to us because we are a large part of the economy."

She said she knew a lot of kids were running around not sure what they were protesting.

One poster said: "Terrorists are coming in from Canada, not Mexico."

German Escobar, 16, from MacArthur High School, said students walked outside the school before heading to Dallas. One cop threatened to ticket everyone, but there were too many kids, he said. German said his parents are from Mexico and El Salvador and got their immigration papers back in the 1990s. "We've got to help the rest of the people get them," he said.

Tuesday's walkouts continued the protests that began late last week in California in response to proposed legislation that would make it a felony to enter the country illegally or to help illegal immigrants.

Dallas Independent School District spokesman Donald Claxton said the district can do little to keep students in class, but it is watching the walkouts as best it can to keep kids safe. He cited Tuesday's accident as an example that "it's getting dangerous (and) people are starting to suffer consequences."

"We've got numerous officers out, trying to keep the kids safe,” he said.

DISD students who are out of class today will be marked with an unexcused absence, Mr. Claxton said. Students who accumulate too many unexcused absences in a semester can have their privileges limited or face truancy hearings.

DISD spokeswoman Sandra Guerrero said students also left class at Roosevelt and W.T. White high schools and Rusk and Hood middle schools. A smaller group of students also gathered at City Hall in Fort Worth, and others reportedly left schools elsewhere in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, saying they're standing up for family and friends who are in the country illegally.

Grand Prairie officials followed two groups, the largest numbering 350 mostly high school students along State Highway 303. Police believe they were headed to Kiest Park in Oak Cliff. Another 100 left Lee Middle School between classes and marched to Grand Prairie City Hall to ring the city's Liberty Bell. The group tried to recruit more members at John Adams Middle School, but principals there did not let the Lee students on the campus grounds.

Jason Cisneros, 14, said the only thing that was organized about the protest was that he knew to leave Lee after first period. "They're trying to keep the Mexicans out, the ones that are illegal," Jason said. "Maybe George Bush will know that he's hurting us and let us have equal rights."

"Christopher Columbus discovered America and he was from Spain, so it was our home first."

Detective John Brimmer, a Grand Prairie police spokesman, said the protests were keeping patrol officers away from what they need to be doing, protecting property.

"I'm not saying they don't have a good cause, but they could do this after school," Det. Brimmer said. "Basically, we're just babysitting a bunch of kids who have found another excuse to get out of school."

The full U.S. Senate is preparing to debate a measure passed Monday by the Senate Judiciary Committee. It would give millions of illegal immigrants a chance at citizenship.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said he hopes the Senate will pass an immigration reform bill by April 7. However, any bill produced by the Senate would have to be reconciled with a House bill that would make illegal immigrant felons.

Well what do they want with the city hall?

Or is this their weekly bath? Oooops sorry...the devil made me do that.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Just wait

This is their excuse to go nuts. It is going to get worse and it is certainly NOT going to help there cause! They are finally showing themselves for what they really are and proving what we have been saying all along.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: Just wait

Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    This is their excuse to go nuts. It is going to get worse and it is certainly NOT going to help there cause! They are finally showing themselves for what they really are and proving what we have been saying all along.
    So what?

Who's going to do anything to stop them?

Certainly not the government.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

The open border lobby keeps forgetting that even though they can demonstrate civil disorder we outnumber them and we vote. Their actions are energizing us and they can not win.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by ohflyingone
    So what?

Who's going to do anything to stop them?

Certainly not the government.
    Count Floyd,

I agree with you! All these kids are getting are unexcused abscences for their walkouts. No punishment at all. Some students in Fort Worth, just west of Dallas, said their parents "gave them permission" to participate in the protests.

In my day, we'd have our backsides tanned for stepping one foot off school property! We would not even "go there" (even consider such rebellious actions).

It's all about THEM! (the illegal invaders) Selfish lot they are.

Count Floyd,

I agree with you! All these kids are getting are unexcused abscences for their walkouts. No punishment at all. Some students in Fort Worth, just west of Dallas, said their parents "gave them permission" to participate in the protests.

In my day, we'd have our backsides tanned for stepping one foot off school property! We would not even "go there" (even consider such rebellious actions).

It's all about THEM! (the illegal invaders) Selfish lot they are.
    Here in California, the school administrators are bragging about how they're instructing them to go about this.

It's all about them exercising their rights, you see. Their right to soak me for their education, medical costs, welfare checks, etc.

Whatever they want, they automatically have a right to it, and I have the right to pay for it.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.