Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

QUOTE.......Through the interpreter, Aguirre said Spanish is his "first language and since it is his first time giving testimony he would rather do it in Spanish."

That seems reasonable to us. It did not to Harris.

Who IS us? The media? We the people? George Soros? This is the United States of America and WE SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Jun 17, 2011

Texas lawmaker tells Spanish-speaker it is 'insulting' not to testify to committee in English

By Douglas Stanglin, USA TODAY
    Updated 2h 46m ago

During testimony at a committee hearing this week in Austin, a Texas state senator interrupted a Spanish speaker to say that it was "insulting" that he was not addressing the panel of lawmakers in English.

Antolin Aguirre, of the Austin Immigrant Rights Coalition, was testifying against a bill that would help crack down on illegal immigrants in Texas, KTRH radio reports.

Aguirre, who came to the United States in 1988 and speaks some English, spoke through an interpreter.

Shortly after Aguirre began his prepared statement, state Sen. Chris Harris, a Republican from Arlington, Tex., interrupted to ask why he was not speaking English if he had been in the country for 23 years.

Aguirre replied through his interpreter that Spanish is his first language and that he preferred to use it since it was his first time giving testimony.

"It is insulting to us," Harris shot back. "It is very insulting. And if he knows English, he needs to be speaking in English."

Do you agree the Spanish testimony was 'insulting'?
    Yes 63%
    SÃ* 8%
    No21%
    Por supuesto que no 8%
    Vote TOTAL VOTES: 700
    ==============================
    Post comments and VOTE @

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... titialskip
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by defaoite62
    According to someone I know that was there, there were several
    who chose to address the senate in Spanish.

The way I see it they're doing more damage for their cause than good.
    It's just like waving Mexican flags and yelling chants in Spanish at a protest
    or rally. It's a blatant statement that says we have no intention of
    assimilating or becoming Americans and if I were a Senator who had to
    sit and listen to that garbage I would hit the "tune out" button just like I
    do everytime I go to the grocery store. So anything Aguirre had to say
    would fall on deaf ears and his argument becomes irrelevent.

So go ahead Antolin Aguirre, waste your time and show the rest of the
    world how bigoted towards America you and your kind really are.

Def
    EXACTLY! They are bigoted.but yet call us the racists.........
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Should have kicked his ass out of there. It is very insulting ,not tp speak the language used in this country for ALL BUSINESS carried out. If he thought America was a great place then he needs to show respect for her. But just as many other Hispanics,THEY REFUSE TO DO SO.

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Should have kicked his ass out of there. It is very insulting ,not tp speak the language used in this country for ALL BUSINESS carried out. If he thought America was a great place then he needs to show respect for her. But just as many other Hispanics,THEY REFUSE TO DO SO.
    Every Senator should have walked out.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TakingBackSoCal
    Isnt there a clause in the Constitution that states a naturalized citizen cannot have an allegiance to any other country????

Quote Originally Posted by strugglingcitizen
    Isnt there a clause in the Constitution that states a naturalized citizen cannot have an allegiance to any other country????
    Just as they are suppose to read and understand the English language. So in a sense we DO HAVE ENGLISH AS OUR NATIONAL LANGUAGE. Just as the US FAA (aircraft) has rules also that state you must be able to read and understand the English language to perform work on aircraft in the USA..

Banned
    This artical clearly shows the feelings of hispanics. They come but do not want to become AMERICANS. They still want to be mexicans, speak spanish, promote illegal and criminal activity. First...this is AMERICA. Our ancestors came here and within a few years learned ENGLISH. Ate the hispanics so braindead that they cannot learn ENGLISH? Maybe they are too lazy or just plain anti-American. Time to start ripping down the mexican rags and putting up the STARS and STRIPES. Do away with the bilingual signs and forms. Next lets put the troops on the border and make sure they are armed and given authority to use whatever force needed to keep ALL intruders for crossing the border at any but established border crossing points. Start hitting back hard and the flood of illegals will become less than a trickle.

Whey they immigrate, they swear an oath of allegiance.

Oath

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Whey they immigrate, they swear an oath of allegiance.

Oath

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."
    I think it is just words for them, a way to stay out of trouble and get the freebies.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast