Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Texas Senate to Fund Border Security at Highest Levels in History, says Dan Patrick

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Senate to Fund Border Security at Highest Levels in History, says Dan Patrick

by Bob Price
    20 Jan 2015

AUSTIN, Texas – The Texas Senate will fund border security at the highest levels in state history, according to Texas Lt. Governor Dan Patrick. After taking the oath of office to become the 42nd Lieutenant Governor of the State of Texas, Patrick declared, “It’s a new day in Texas.” The new Lt. governor took the oath of office from his son, State District Court Judge Ryan Patrick. He was accompanied by his wife Jan Patrick.

The swearing in took place on the south steps of the Texas Capitol on a glorious Spring like January day. Thousands of Texas packed the lawn of the Capitol and enjoyed the festive music of the University of Texas Longhorn Band.

Lt. Gov. Patrick opened his remarks quoting scripture and thanking God. “In Matthew 20:26 the Bible says: ‘whoever wants to be a leader among you must first be your servant,’” Patrick said. “I stand here with a servants heart, respectful of all faiths, but as a Christian first, a conservative second, and a Republican third.”

“A servant leader must be trustworthy, encouraging to others, and humble. These are my goals and my commitment to you, the State of Texas, and the members I serve as the President of the Texas Senate,” he said.

“In my campaign I pledged to: secure the border; lower property and business taxes; prioritize, reform and improve education; build our infrastructure and protect life, family, and the second amendment,” Patrick pledged. “That is what I pledged to do as a candidate and what I will do as Lt. Governor. My goal is to be the best Lt. Governor in the history of Texas. It’s not about my legacy; it’s about you, your family, and the future of Texas.”

Patrick talked about education and school choice. He previously served as Chairman of the Senate Education Committee. “Yesterday the nation celebrated Martin Luther King Day,” he recalled. “On August 28, 1963, Reverend King gave one of the greatest speeches in our nation’s history, the “I Have A Dream” speech. I don’t think he could have dreamed that 52 years later that many of our inner city schools would still be failing our children, that we would have a 40% drop out rate or higher in many of our city schools and over half of our inner city children would be living in poverty. It is immoral to tell parents they must send their children to a perennially failing school.”

He pledged to keep Common Core out of Texas and to hold the federal government at bay.

On property taxes, Patrick said, “It’s time we reduce current property taxes and reform the system of taxing based on value growth. Homeowners cannot afford their taxes to go up 8% or more each year if their salaries are going up only 3% a year or less. And we are going to give businesses the tax relief they need to keep our economy strong and continue the job creation that has made us a leader in America.”

One of Patrick’s key election pledges was to help secure the border of Texas and Mexico. To that end, the Lt. Governor said, “The most important responsibility for any lawmaker is to keep you and your family safe. To that end the Senate will fund border security at the highest levels in state history. We are going to secure our border through the use of technology, air and river power, the DPS, the Texas Rangers, game wardens, local law enforcement and when needed the National Guard. The threat from terrorists, drug cartels and gang members crossing the border is high. National security starts with border security, and in Texas we are going to protect our citizens.”

He thanked all law enforcement and first responders who sacrifice to keep our families safe and secure. “We have their back and because they have ours,” he said.

“The world needs America to be strong and America needs Texas to be strong. If Houston, Austin, Bowie and Crockett were alive today, I think they would be proud of what the people of Texas and its government have accomplished, but they would warn us that we can never take our success or liberty for granted.”

Patrick closed his remarks by touching on Texas history. “Texas is one-of-a-kind, blessed by God, fought for by patriots, and home to the greatest people God ever put on this earth who are willing to fight back against an ever encroaching federal government.

“Come And Take It” is not just a motto, and a flag from the distant past. It remains our way of life in Texas to this day.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...s-dan-patrick/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am really pleased to see this stance taken by the Lt. Governor of Texas and totally support their state operations to secure the borders of their state and encourage all states to do likewise by passing state immigration laws.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I, too, admire the new Lt. Governor. But fences and patrols can be worked around. Illegals know this. They also know that once they get in, they'll probably be able to stay. Then they can bring their families and get on welfare. And never be deported.

The only way to stop the next wave of illegals is to shut off the jobs magnet by enacting Universal E-Verify. A five year phase-in was part of last year's Senate immigration bill. Patriots need to support reviving E-Verify. NumbersUSA has a free system of faxes which are sent to elected representatives. One of the faxes calls for enacting Universal E-Verify. Anybody who cares about reserving American jobs for American workers should send that fax.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade