Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trio of robbery suspects linked to MS-13 gang

http://www.khou.com/news/local/crime/st ... 008fb.html
    Police: Trio of robbery suspects linked to MS-13 gang

07:09 PM CDT on Wednesday, May 17, 2006
    By Chau Nguyen / 11 News and Staff Reports

HOUSTON -- Three men arrested for a rash of armed robberies of businesses on Houston’s north side have been linked to a violent Central American gang.

The suspects are believed responsible for up to 28 robberies.

Houston police are linking the suspects to at least 28 armed robberies. The crimes date back to last August and happened at businesses along the North Freeway, stretching from the 610 Loop to West Road.

The suspects, 22-year-old Lucas Reyes, 24-year-old Odi Rivera, and 20-year-old Juan Antonio Mendez, have been arrested and charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

Rivera and Mendez have each been charged with an additional count of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon.

More charges are pending against each of the suspects.

Police said all the suspects are MS-13 gang members from Central America who are in Houston to rob. They would then head back to Miami.

“They might have had contacts there and they might have done some over there too,” said Javier Tapia, HPD Latino Squad Robbery Division.

According to Houston police, several victims who were robbed at gunpoint positively identified the three suspects in a lineup.

Maria Isabel, a cashier at a taqueria, was one of the victims.

“And they told me ‘I’m gonna kill you. I’m gonna kill you if you don’t give me your money’,” she said.

Investigators believe the men hit Hispanic-owned businesses like the taqueria, because owners are often afraid to report crimes.

Investigators said the suspects, sometimes working alone or together in these robberies, would enter the business establishments as customers prior to the robberies. Police said a short time later the suspect or suspects would rob the individuals at the locations when they felt it was safe to do so, and in some cases assault the victims.

Maria Isabel is just counting her blessings she survived the attack.

The suspects were arrested by Humble Police Department officers and Montgomery Sheriff’s deputies on April 4 in the 6000 block of the Eastex Freeway (US 59 North) during an attempted carjacking.

Investigators believe the suspects may be responsible for additional robberies and are asking victims or individuals with additional information on the suspects to contact the HPD Robbery Division Latino Squad at 713-308-0700 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Doing...

...hey, they're just doing the aggravated robberies Americans don't want to do right?

Re: Doing...

Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    ...hey, they're just doing the aggravated robberies Americans don't want to do right?
    I agree, they are just good hard working people that want a better life for their children, and themselves

Re: Doing...

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernedCitizen
    Quote Originally Posted by jonhaloi
    I agree, they are just good hard working people that want a better life for their children, and themselves

Maybe they needed the money for decent hair cuts?

Eeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The neighbors will think I'm crazier than I actually am!!!!!!

My guffawing, peels of laughter, and other assorted undescribable sounds of mirth and merriment at the above posts are echoing off the walls and flying out the window to fill the area around the humble shanty!!!!!!