Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump stands by immigration remarks

7:41 PM CDT Jun 24, 2015
    By Cassie Spodak CNN

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) —Businessman Donald Trump and his daughter, Ivanka, are slamming "the media" for taking recent comments he made about Mexicans and other immigrants out of context.

As he enters his second week as an official presidential candidate Trump has faced criticism, and protestors at campaign events, after calling for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to keep out Mexican "rapists" and criminals.

Stumping for her dad in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Wednesday, Ivanka Trump said the media "twisted" his words.

"He was talking about illegal immigration, and a porous border between the U.S. and Mexico; he wasn't talking about the Mexican people," she said when asked about the topic. "He was talking about people coming across the border illegally and so it was very sad for me to see that that message was totally taken out of context and the mainstream media really ran with it."

Trump himself said his comments were meant to criticize U.S. immigration policies and not the Mexican people or government in a statement he released on Wednesday.

"I am personally offended by the mainstream media's attempt to distort my comments regarding Mexico and its great people," he said. "I have many successful business relationships with Mexican companies and employ, and am close friends with, many Mexican people. I also have tremendous respect for the leaders of Mexico, who, frankly, are much smarter and tougher than our politicians here in the United States."

Both Democrat and Republican candidates are looking to mobilize Latino voters in 2016. When asked how he would do with that ever-growing voting bloc, Trump told reporters on Tuesday he is not worried about alienating voters with his comments.

"I do great with Latino voters. I employee so many Latinos, I have so many people working for me," Trump said. "The Latinos love Trump, and I Iove them."

http://www.wdsu.com/politics/trump-s...marks/33761028
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GO TRUMP! And shame, shame, shame on those who didn't have either the character or grasp of our language to know that he was talking about illegal aliens, and no one else.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    7:41 PM CDT Jun 24, 2015
    By Cassie Spodak CNN

MANCHESTER, New Hampshire (CNN) —Businessman Donald Trump and his daughter, Ivanka, are slamming "the media" for taking recent comments he made about Mexicans and other immigrants out of context.

As he enters his second week as an official presidential candidate Trump has faced criticism, and protestors at campaign events, after calling for a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border to keep out Mexican "rapists" and criminals.

Stumping for her dad in Manchester, New Hampshire, on Wednesday, Ivanka Trump said the media "twisted" his words.

"He was talking about illegal immigration, and a porous border between the U.S. and Mexico; he wasn't talking about the Mexican people," she said when asked about the topic. "He was talking about people coming across the border illegally and so it was very sad for me to see that that message was totally taken out of context and the mainstream media really ran with it."

Trump himself said his comments were meant to criticize U.S. immigration policies and not the Mexican people or government in a statement he released on Wednesday.

"I am personally offended by the mainstream media's attempt to distort my comments regarding Mexico and its great people," he said. "I have many successful business relationships with Mexican companies and employ, and am close friends with, many Mexican people. I also have tremendous respect for the leaders of Mexico, who, frankly, are much smarter and tougher than our politicians here in the United States."

Both Democrat and Republican candidates are looking to mobilize Latino voters in 2016. When asked how he would do with that ever-growing voting bloc, Trump told reporters on Tuesday he is not worried about alienating voters with his comments.

"I do great with Latino voters. I employee so many Latinos, I have so many people working for me," Trump said. "The Latinos love Trump, and I Iove them."

http://www.wdsu.com/politics/trump-s...marks/33761028
    \
    WELL IM FOR MR TRUMP HE TELL IT LIKE IT IS HAVE YOU EVER LISTEN TO HIM ON THE RADIO SHOW WITH MICHAEL SAVAGE I DON'T THINK SO HE IS FOR OUR COUNTRY & HE KNOW WE NEED JOB'S OBAMA IS NOT FOR OUR COUNTRY AT ALL
    ALL THE JOB'S GOES TO THE MEXICAN THAT WHO . & ANOTHER THING I ALSO LIKE ABOUT TRUMP HE LOVE THE SERVICE MEN AS HE SAID THEY SHOULD GET 1 MILLION DOLLAR EACH . WHEN THEY CAME HOME . NO TAX OUT AT ALL THAT MORE THEN OBAMA DID FOR OUR SERVICE MEN HAVE LET ME TELL YOU SOME THING MY FRIEND LIVE IN PA SHE SAID BACK IN 1960- THEY HAVE MORE SEWING FACTORY IN PA ON EVERY STREET & EVERY TOWN NOW THEY ARE OVER SEA . & THAT WHY TRUMP WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK TO WORK .ALL THE CAR ARE OVER SEA . THEY HAVE OUR JOB'S THE US A COULD DO THE SAME THING . OVER SEA THEY WORK CHEAP . & THEY SHIP EVERY THING OVER TO OUR COUNTRY & WE LIKE THE FOOL PAY FOR IT WHAT WHY HE WANT OUR COUNTRY BACK TO WORK . JUST LISTEN TO WHAT HAS TO SAY
    GOOD LUCK TRUMP
    JUDY I LIKE YOUR POST( YOU DO A VERY GOOD JOB )