Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Univision says Trump showed 'complete disregard...for countless Hispanics'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    You never cease to amaze me, Judy.
    You know what Trump should do in response to this?

He should grab the Washington Post reporter, go down to the job site and demand he find the illegal aliens he interviewed, so Trump can interview them and get to the bottom of it, and of course do it all on LIVE TV!!

Then if actual facts warrant as I expect they will, Trump can file a defamation lawsuit against the Washington Post.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    You know what Trump should do in response to this?

He should grab the Washington Post reporter, go down to the job site and demand he find the illegal aliens he interviewed, so Trump can interview them and get to the bottom of it, and of course do it all on LIVE TV!!

Then if actual facts warrant as I expect they will, Trump can file a defamation lawsuit against the Washington Post.
    You would probably "expect" wrong. Back in July Trump even admitted that there could be illegals on his job site.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You would probably "expect" wrong. Back in July Trump even admitted that there could be illegals on his job site.
    Oh man, what is wrong with you? If there are no illegal aliens on his job site, then its defamation. Trump said there "could be", that doesn't mean there is or there isn't. Illegal aliens lie to get on job sites, they steal other people's social security numbers to get on job sites, they steal other people's documents, they use fake documents includng social security and drivers license documents, they falsify I-9 forms. Of course there "could be". That doesn't mean there is.

You didn't take the position of the Washington Post article which is "may be". You didn't take the position of Donald Trump that there "could be". You took the position there is.

I was just pointing that out because there's a big difference between "may be", "could be" and is.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-27-2015 at 06:02 PM.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard what Trump said, he said people had looked for illegals on his work site but could find none.

I just wish that Trump had thrown George Ramos out and left him out just like we should do with the illegals.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    I heard what Trump said, he said people had looked for illegals on his work site but could find none.

I just wish that Trump had thrown George Ramos out and left him out just like we should do with the illegals.

W
    I read a follow up article on why he let him back in, and it was because of urging from the other reporters who were obviously hungry for another Trump Confronts story.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Oh man, what is wrong with you? If there are no illegal aliens on his job site, then its defamation. Trump said there "could be", that doesn't mean there is or there isn't. Illegal aliens lie to get on job sites, they steal other people's social security numbers to get on job sites, they steal other people's documents, they use fake documents includng social security and drivers license documents, they falsify I-9 forms. Of course there "could be". That doesn't mean there is.

You didn't take the position of the Washington Post article which is "may be". You didn't take the position of Donald Trump that there "could be". You took the position there is.

I was just pointing that out because there's a big difference between "may be", "could be" and is.
    Illegals lie to get on a job site, that is true. However, why would an illegal already working on a job site admit to being illegal if he weren't? The only logical response is, they wouldn't because there is nothing to gain from telling such a lie ....... actually they risk losing their job.

Judy wrote (excerpt):

Duh, I took the position I did because some of them have actually admitted to being illegal. There can be no clearer evidence then that. One more time, just for you:

Several of the men, who hail mostly from El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, have earned U.S. citizenship or legal status through immigration programs targeting Central Americans fleeing civil wars or natural disasters. Others quietly acknowledged that they remain in the country illegally.
    I'm through with this discussion because no matter how much factual information I provide, it will never be enough for you. I know you love Trump, but the man has faults and denying or/and ignoring them does not make them go away.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegals lie to get on a job site, that is true. However, why would an illegal already working on a job site admit to being illegal if he weren't? The only logical response is, they wouldn't because there is nothing to gain from telling such a lie ....... actually they risk losing their job.

Duh, I took the position I did because some of them have actually admitted to being illegal. There can be no clearer evidence then that. One more time, just for you:

I'm through with this discussion because no matter how much factual information I provide, it will never be enough for you. I know you love Trump, but the man has faults and denying or/and ignoring them does not make them go away.
    Some of them who? You don't have any names, you don't have any faces, you don't have anything but the words of a Washington Post reporter, Antonio Olivo, who won't even in his own article say "is" only says "may be".

This is the reporter: LA, to Chicago to DC

Community Media Workshop » The Studs Terkel Community Media Awards » The 2011 Studs Terkel Community Media Awards » Antonio Olivo, 2011 Studs Terkel Community Media Award Winner

Antonio Olivo, 2011 Studs Terkel Community Media Award Winner

Antonio Olivo Antonio Olivo
    Reporter
    Chicago Tribune

The day Antonio Olivo knew he wanted to be a journalist was the day his blue-collar California suburb was featured in the Los Angeles Times. Prominent placement of a negative story about a local sniper during the L.A. riots convinced Antonio, a second generation Mexican-American freshly out of college, to think seriously about the stories of well-meaning people in communities like his that were rarely noticed. Shortly after, an internship at the L.A. Weekly Newspaper and then a job at the Los Angeles Times would kick off a successful career that eventually brought Antonio to the Chicago Tribune, reporting about issues ranging from housing and urban development to immigration and demographics.

For Antonio, being a reporter in Chicago is an intense experience that has taught him to “write more soulfully…because Chicago has such emotion in it.” When he worked in Los Angeles he noticed pockets of intense community and in New York he was amazed by the enormity of it all, but, he says, “Chicago has all of this pressed into one vibrant place.”

Antonio recalls working on a CHA housing story at one of the last high rises at Stateway Gardens and seeing such strong spirits residing in the soon-to-be-demolished public housing. Nearly forgotten voices like theirs are what has driven him as a reporter, he says.

The first time he heard of Studs Terkel was in California. He was listening to an excerpt of Terkel’s “This Train” where he interviewed people on the train going to Washington D.C. for the 1963 civil rights march featuring Dr. King’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech.

“What caught my attention was his easy style of interviewing,” says Antonio. “He was such an amazing figure, and I’m honored to be a recipient of the Terkel Award.”

While he likes to call attention to Latino issues in the city, it’s not his sole focus. Antonio’s passion for investigative reporting and narrative writing take priority to tell stories impacting the entire city.

Antonio is fortunate to have a fellow journalist, Margaret Ramirez, as his wife. “When we’re working on stories, we are both each other’s severest critics,” he says. “It’s my wife’s voice that I trust and respect the most.”

The down side to being married to a journalist? After a hard day at work, the last thing you want to talk about at home is work.

Antonio is a member of the Chicago Association of Hispanic Journalists. Through the organization he hopes to increase the representation of Latinos in media and create a virtual plaza where Latino journalists and organizations can connect on issues impacting the Latino community.

In 2008, Antonio’s coverage of the arrest in Los Angeles of Elvira Arellano won the Chicago Headline Club’s Peter Lisagor award for deadline reporting. Antonio has also won the National Council on Crime & Delinquency PASS Award and the Orange County Bar Association Award in Southern California. He received his B.A. in English Lit at UCLA.

http://communitymediaworkshop.org/te...-award-winner/
    So far, you've not provided any factual information to substantiate a hateful accusation that Donald Trump is hiring illegal aliens on his Old Post Office project in Washington DC. Not one fact. So why are you doing this? Why are you posting this pro-illegal immigration drivel the only purpose of which is to try to discredit Donald Trump who has done more for our cause in the past 2 months than millions of Americans have been able to do in 30 years?

Our position on immigration is going to be the Number One Issue of the 2016 Elections for first time in US History due solely to efforts, commitment, money and celebrity of Donald Trump. Why would you want to try to discredit someone like that with a puff piece pro-immigration crap article about his construction project in DC?
    Last edited by Judy; 08-27-2015 at 09:38 PM.

Judy and MW would you two please chill out. How about neither one of you addressing or commenting to each other for a few weeks. Yall take a time out. We are all on the same side here even when we disagree about details.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sure, William. No problem.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12