Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

WA - Demonstrators object to arrests of illegal immigrants

Friday, Jan. 28, 2011
    30 Comments
    Demonstrators object to arrests of illegal immigrants from area
    By Mark Morey, Yakima Herald-Republic

ELLENSBURG -- Ricardo Gonzalez hopes that his parents, who were arrested last week on immigration-related charges, will be released.

But even if they have to go back to Mexico, the U.S.-born Gonzalez wants to stay here and pursue his goal of going to college.

The Ellensburg High School junior joined dozens of other students this week to demonstrate against the arrests of his parents and others.

"I want justice for all the families that were taken. I feel they treated us like criminals," said Gonzalez, who expects that he will now have to find a job in order to support himself and his younger brother.

The suspects were arrested last week as authorities served search warrants at more than 20 locations around Ellensburg. Some suspected illegal immigrants were not arrested so they could care for children, according to reports.

Gonzalez said he has lived in the Ellensburg area for seven years. His mother worked for a hotel, his father for a nursery.

"I want to be something in my life," he said.

The protest, which brought together more than 50 Ellensburg students and other supporters, was held in front of the William O. Douglas Federal Courthouse in downtown Yakima. Later in the afternoon, some of the 14 people arrested last week appeared in the same courthouse for bail hearings.

Federal magistrate James Hutton approved their release on the criminal charges, although the suspects were expected to remain in the custody of Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

The U.S. Attorney's Office asked for the defendants to remain in custody because they are a flight risk, but Hutton said that he was bound to release them because they weren't dangerous, among other factors.

Federal officials have said that the arrests resulted from an investigation into the production and distribution of forged documents. The 14 defendants face charges related only to possessing counterfeit work documents or falsely claiming American citizenship.

The investigation, which Hutton said started in 2008, was intended to uproot the document source, authorities said.

Critics suggest that the only result was to disrupt wage-earning families, some of whom have lived here for several years.

Job Pozos, a regional official for United Farm Workers, said he understood that most of those arrested had worked at some point for two hotels in the Ellensburg area.

Pozos helped organize the courthouse demonstration. He said students skipped school in order to show their support for the Gonzalez family and others affected by the arrests.

He expressed frustration that the arrests were made even as Congress failed to pass any of three measures proposed to help illegal immigrants gain legal status. The country relies on illegal immigrants for labor but doesn't want to address how to integrate them into the population, he said.

Mark Holloway, co-owner of D & M Coffee in Ellensburg, joined the protest and also had been working with an Ellensburg coalition that's trying to help the defendants' families with basic needs, such as housing.

Holloway said he's concerned that forcing parents back to Mexico will leave their children adrift, perhaps leading to crime or other expenses for society.

He said those arrested were only trying to live a better life.

"The criminal violation is that they are taking care of their families," he said.

Read more: http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2011/01/2 ... z1CRUFVa3e

ZERO symapthy for these criminals. Deport any illegal aliens found. They can take their kids with them and not choose to separate their families.

There will be NO amnesty EVER, so reconcile yourselves and start packing!

I object to non enforcement! Illegal aliens are criminals, each and every one. I want our laws enforced!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Re: Demonstrators object to arrests of illegal immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret10
    "I want justice for all the families that were taken. I feel they treated us like criminals,"
    Maybe thats because they are criminals.

We want justice also. Justice for American families put out so they can invade and destroy our way of life, take our jobs, take our education, and take our social benefits.

These anchor babies as they for now have citizenship need to be treated as traitors to the US. They are more dangerous then a hundred suicide bombers. They destroy American lives and expect us to conform to what they want.

"I want justice for all the families that were taken. I feel they treated us like criminals,"
    For all the lurkers and trolls.......

You dumb __, you are criminals
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

"I want justice for all the families that were taken. I feel they treated us like criminals," said Gonzalez, who expects that he will now have to find a job in order to support himself and his younger brother.
    They were treated like "criminals" because they are criminals. They can have their "justice" back in mexico, their likely country of citizenship.

The refusal to accept the reality of immigration law in this country and the denial by those that break our laws that they are in fact criminals is nothing short of anarchy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mexico

Mexico is doing well. Why dont you just join your parents back there?

You should never have even received your ill-gotten citizenship as it was aquired through unlawful means...

Re: Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9

You should never have even received your ill-gotten citizenship as it was aquired through unlawful means...
    Exactly. Every anchor who is here has a life that is based on a big fat LIE.
    I wonder how that must feel. Obviously they are not too bothered by it.

Re: Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by PaulRevere9

Yeah...mexico has an unemployment rate of about 5%, which is a hell of a lot better than our country at the moment. I suppose that number is easy to achieve when you can send 20 million or so of your unemployables north, to receive welfare, steal our jobs, and send billions back to your country in the way of remittances.

Talk about a win/win for mexico!

"Maybe thats because they are criminals."

EXACTLY!!! When you forge government documentation, IDs, that is a FEDERAL CRIME!!!!

So, YES, they ARE CRIMINALS AND MUST BE TREATED AS SUCH!!!!

In fact, I would hope civil lawsuits are filed against every one of the CRIMINALS who were arrested and ALL of their assets are seized too!

Why is this article even friggin NEWS?
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast