Thread: Poll

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poll

Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Re: Poll

Quote Originally Posted by moosetracks
    http://www.gopsenators.com/survey/immigration.aspx?category_meta_id=54c8d

GOP poll on immigration
    Take now
    This was in my email box:

Dear NewsMax Reader:

Please read a special message from Senator Elizabeth Dole regarding immigration reform and then share your opinions with the GOP Senators.

Thank you.

NewsMax.com

Make your voice heard!

The members of the United States Senate need to hear your opinion on Immigration reform policy.

Click here now to take our National Survey on Immigration Policy.

Making your voice heard is important because Immigration reform is a critical issue that needs to be addressed.

You can make an impact by stepping forward today and registering your opinions on questions leaders in the Senate will be debating in the coming weeks.

Elizabeth Dole
    Chair, NRSC
    I'm confident you follow the news out of Washington closely.

And if you do, you have probably read how illegal immigration is putting a major strain on local, state and federal government. It impacts our national security, our economy, education system, and health care systems.

As Chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, I want to know where loyal Republicans like you stand on this critical issue.

We need to move towards decisive action to address this growing challenge.

That's why the National Republican Senatorial Committee (NRSC) is conducting an important National Survey on Immigration Policy. This survey will gauge your opinions on the impact of illegal immigration in your area, current immigration policy and various proposals to address illegal immigration.

I sincerely hope you will take part in this survey to provide your insights and advice directly to our Republican leadership team in Washington, D.C. Please click here to complete the enclosed National Survey on Immigration Policy Document.

We are a nation of immigrants and America has encouraged immigrants lawfully seeking a better life. And we have constructed laws and policies to make sure people of all nationalities can legally enter our country and eventually earn citizenship...

...But a massive tide of illegal immigration has hit America.

In total our nation's illegal immigrant population is estimated at anywhere from 11 million to 20 million individuals - With at least 500,000 new illegal aliens pouring across the borders every year - 42,000 a month.

Illegal immigration in America has doubled since the 1990 census because of many factors: Immigration laws are just not being enforced...or they are bad laws that need to be changed...or we as a nation have not had the resources and the will to enforce the laws and properly control our borders.

That's why it's important to me to find out where you stand on issues such as:

What is the best way to secure our borders?
    Enforcing the current ban on providing welfare benefits to non-citizens.
    Giving "in state" college tuition breaks to children of illegal aliens.
    Driver's licenses for illegal aliens.
    What to do with the illegal aliens that are already here.
    The recent "Minuteman" volunteer border patrols.
    And these are just a few of the issues I ask for your opinion on in the enclosed National Survey on Immigration Policy. Please don't delay a moment. Click here to complete the survey now.

With blood-thirsty terrorists desperate to enter our country and do as much harm as they possibly can, America needs to quickly focus on developing and implementing immigration reform that secures our borders and that is fair and enforceable.

A Time Magazine article estimated that as many as 190,000 illegals from countries other than Mexico melted into the U.S. population in 2004. These individuals come from Latin American countries like Guatemala, El Salvador and Brazil - but also from Afghanistan, Bulgaria, Russia, China, Egypt, Iran and Iraq. These numbers are shocking!

And the social expenses of illegal immigration for health care, retirement funding, education and law enforcement are accruing at the rate of $30 BILLION a year according to a recent economic study of the impact of illegal immigration.

Twenty-nine percent of the inmates in federal prisons are aliens, according to the 2002 Bureau of Justice Statistics. And according to House Concurrent Resolution 95 that passed the U.S. Senate in March of 2003, the "costs associated with the incarceration of undocumented criminal aliens" cost state and local governments more than $13 BILLION in Fiscal Year 2002!

A recent Wall Street Journal article notes, "In the ten months ending this July 24, (2005) border agents in Tucson, Ariz., arrested 375,000 illegals. More than 28,000 had criminal records and dozens more came from potentially worrisome countries such as Iran and Yemen."

Something has to be done. Your answers to our National Survey on Immigration Policy are a big first step to helping us find workable solutions.

Government resources are being stretched thin dealing with the problems caused by illegal immigration and providing services to illegal immigrants and their families.

You and I and every citizen are paying the costs of illegal immigration and it is going to be up to us to solve this crisis.

Your National Survey on Immigration Policy gives you a means to voice your opinion.

Click here to complete the survey now.

As the official national Republican Party organization run by and for our Republican Senate Majority, the National Republican Senatorial Committee is conducting this important survey.

The NRSC is building and maintaining a national grassroots network of activists to provide advice and support to Republican Senators and Senate candidates on vital issues like immigration and border security.

The ever-present threat of terrorism and the ever-rising cost of providing government services to illegal immigrants, citizens like you must come forward and make your views known.

Obviously there is no simple solution to the problem of illegal immigration, but the National Survey on Immigration Policy can help start the process of developing a dialogue between citizens like you and our elected leaders so we can find common ground and move forward with real, meaningful reform.

So please click here to complete the enclosed National Survey on Immigration Policy.

Illegal immigration is only going to become more of a problem for our communities if we don't come together, agree on what has to be done and take action.

I hope to hear back from you right away and I look forward to working with you.

With my warmest best wishes,

Elizabeth Dole
    NRSC Chair

P.S. Illegal immigration is a very serious problem affecting our national security and a growing financial burden on tax payers. Please immediately click here to complete the National Survey on Immigration Policy to provide important feedback on this issue to our Republican Senate Majority. Thank you in advance for providing our Republican Senate leadership with your honest feedback and generous support.

trying to delete

duplicate post

I've taken this same survey in letter form, a couple weeks ago. I don't think Mrs. Dole really cares what we think, but let's give her our opinions anyway.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Take Survey!

Do you believe illegal immigrants already in our country, holding jobs, should be granted a conditional amnesty?
    Yes No Unsure

Should the U.S. military be empowered to patrol the border with Mexico?
    Yes No Unsure

Do you support an expanded guest worker program that allows foreign nationals to come to this nation for a limited time if they are sponsored by companies willing to guarantee them jobs?
    Yes No Unsure

Do you feel that illegal immigration is having an adverse affect on your community?
    Yes No Unsure

Do you support charging the governments of incarcerated aliens in our nation's prisons for the costs of their trials and imprisonment either through direct requests or by deducting costs from any aid prisoners' homelands receive from the U.S. government?
    Yes No Unsure

Do you support allowing illegal aliens to receive drivers' licenses?
    Yes No Unsure

Do you believe the government should deputize volunteer 'Minuteman' forces to augment the Border Patrol along the U.S. border?
    Yes No Unsure

Should English be the official language of this country, used exclusively on voting ballots and government forms?
    Yes No Unsure

Should illegal aliens currently working and paying taxes in the United States be allowed to receive a temporary work visa then eventually return to their country and reapply legally to immigrate?
    Yes No Unsure
    It looks to me like they are looking to see if anyone has changed their minds. These aren't the same questions I answered before.

Do you see what I'm saying? They are looking for viable compromises now that will make the least waves if they pass it. Personally, I think this is a productive measure on their part and they ARE listening.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)