Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by ShockedinCalifornia
    Oh sure, why not make it easier for some drowsy doper to kill your kid and grandkids head on on some highway after he/she bought their latest score at the local Safeway store. Just add another inconvenience along with misused booze and guns to the dangers we all face today.

I wonder how legalizing drugs will factor into government run health care and wellness programs?

And I wonder why some people here think it's OK for "grown ups" to legalize drugs and not legalize illegal aliens???? Sounds like a peculiar hypocracy to me. After all, as we say, "the law is the law and it must be enforced".

If some want to take on another federal law change, you might consider joining up with the illegals and make your voice heard. The government is after the money either way. Some free enterprise this is!
    I personally am against either of these issues.
    1. If you're worried about a drowsy driver, you need to be worried about people on pain pills because there is a whole lot more of them on the highways every single day than there are people on drugs behind the wheel of car. Dopers don't usually do drugs in the car. And with legalization, it would still be illegal to operate a vehicle under the influence of drugs that would make you drowsy whether it's a recreational drug or prescribed medication.

2. Legalizing drugs would reduce the burden on health insurance companies, because free rehabilitation would be available through the FairTaxes paid on the drug purchases, so drug users who purchase drugs would be paying the taxes, not you or anyone else, just them, and those monies they pay would fund the rehab centers for them whenever they need or want it. Most people who use drugs don't need medical care. Only that 2% of the population who becomes addicted, whether drugs are legal or not.

3. Because "grown-ups" understand that illegal aliens steal people's jobs and deflate wages while at the same time increasing the cost of education, health care, incarcerations and poverty programs. Drug users don't steal jobs, deflate wages and if legalized wouldn't increase the cost of anything. They would actually create legal jobs and generate profits for businesses which are not being exported to foreign cartels. Legalizing drugs = good. Legalizing illegal aliens = bad.

4. Yes, the law is the law. But it's not being enforced against illegal aliens or foreign drug cartels. Oh sure, they bust one now and then, send them away to prison for a spell, and they take over the prison and run their violent illegal drug business from jail at our expense.

5. Most of these drugs would not be sold at Safeway Stores, although some might be sold through the pharmacy. Most of them would be sold at licensed specialty recreational drug stores with a higher level of security than you would need to provide at a normal retail center.

The purpose of legalization isn't to encourage it, it's to make it available in a legal, safe, secure, regulated, monitored, taxed environment.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Oh sure, why not make it easier for some drowsy doper to kill your kid and grandkids head on on some highway after he/she bought their latest score at the local Safeway store. Just add another inconvenience along with misused booze and guns to the dangers we all face today.

I wonder how legalizing drugs will factor into government run health care and wellness programs?

And I wonder why some people here think it's OK for "grown ups" to legalize drugs and not legalize illegal aliens???? Sounds like a peculiar hypocracy to me. After all, as we say, "the law is the law and it must be enforced".

If some want to take on another federal law change, you might consider joining up with the illegals and make your voice heard. The government is after the money either way. Some free enterprise this is!
    I personally am against either of these issues.
    Oh stop freaking out. Have a beer and relax. No one is goin to kill any kids. And legalizing pot will have no ill effects on any health care system we put into place. Btw, did you know that stress is the biggest killer? Calm down.

Hey, did you know that in 2008, anti-depressants made it to the number one LEGAL prescribed medication sold in the United States? Our country is stressed out, suffering grotesque levels of clinical depression. Shocked in North Carolina by this, I researched it. It's unbelievable. These are like anti-psychotic medications, once you go on them, you are on them for life, if you try to go off them, you can become suicidal. And these people are on our highways in massive numbers.

They'd be better off having a beer, a cigarette or a joint, wouldn't they? Sure seems so to me. This War on Drugs and Other Fun is just unnatural and an attack on life, liberty and happiness. And the sales volumes of anti-depressants in the US are proof enough of that.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Sorry Judy, but all the hype you've bought into this with your passionate pro-drug legalization rhetoric is so full of holes that I can't even begin to answer these examples of broken, untested, incomplete, and false logic. Nor do I want to bother with your happy dream. I listen to medical experts and law enforcement personnel, not those trying to make drug leniency into personal pleasure, a cash crop, or a social reform.

And redpony, I get more stress from watching television than I do discussing this stuff that I feel safe in in opposing along with the majority of people in this country.

As for California and it's madness, it's fouled up and everybody knows it because it is dragging the rest of the country down.

I like you all but you have your position and I have mine.

Sorry Judy, but all the hype you've bought into this with your passionate pro-drug legalization rhetoric is so full of holes that I can't even begin to answer these examples of broken, untested, incomplete, and false logic. Nor do I want to bother with your happy dream. I listen to medical experts and law enforcement personnel, not those trying to make drug leniency into personal pleasure, a cash crop, or a social reform.

And redpony, I get more stress from watching television than I do discussing this stuff that I feel safe in in opposing along with the majority of people in this country.

As for California and it's madness, it's fouled up and everybody knows it because it is dragging the rest of the country down.

I like you all but you have your position and I have mine.
    Suit yourself. But reason, logic and fairness will prevail and drugs will be legalized, regulated and taxed in the United States in the very near future. Ask law enforcement personnel how many they've killed in the War on Drugs? Ask law enforcement personnel how many lives of decent people they've destroyed arresting them and prosecuting them on non-violent drug charges? Ask law enforcement personnel who supports the families of these people arrested and sent to prison on non-violent drug charges? Ask law enforcement personnel how many of these non-violent drug users were beaten, raped or murdered while they were in prison? Ask law enforcement personnel how many of the spouses and children of these non-violent drug users went on welfare when one of the spouses was arrested and sent to prison for years? Ask your medical personnel how many people they've treated for drug use and how many they've treated for bullet wounds from a police officer, a gang member, a cartel member or a drive-by shooting establishing a drug turf? Ask your medical personnel how many overdose victims died from bad dope, dope that wasn't cut right, which means it wasn't manufactured properly?

Then ask your medical personnel where they keep their stash and ask your law enforcement officers where they keep their "confiscated" booty..

You think this is about "pleasure"? Legalizing drugs is about saving lives and restoring freedom to 850,000 Americans suffering wrongfully in prison for no valid reason but for people like you dear who would rather kill someone or send them to prison for a decade because you're afraid of something.

Look here, get some facts:

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/ ... ore-rehab/

"August 11, 2009, 1:49 pm

"State-by-State Drug Use (Or, Rhode Island Needs More Rehab)

"By Catherine Rampell

"A reader recently referred me to this May 2009 report on drug use by state, put out by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration of Department of Health and Human Services.

"It’s full of interesting statistics. Below is a set of maps I put together on use of various kinds of drugs across the country. Click the drop-down menu to see cocaine, marijuana, alcohol or other kinds of drug use in each state:

"Estimates of Drug Use Across the States, Annual Data Based on 2006-2007 N.S.D.U.H.'s

"Some highlights, all based on the 2006 and 2007 National Surveys on Drug Use and Health’s data on people age 12 or older:

" * Across the United States, 8.1 percent of people had used an illicit drug in the last month. Illicit drug use was lowest in Iowa (5.2 percent in the last month) and highest in Rhode Island (12.5 percent). (Here “illicit drugsâ€

Ditto all that you said Judy. The truth is that only a very tiny percent of people in this country have an actual problem with drugs. So for this small number the rest of the majority is vicitimized in this so called war on drugs. And for the small percent who have a problem, there is not that much help for them. We should use the money that currently goes to imprisoning those that are ill with drug addiction....use the money to treat them instead. And if it is legal it takes it out of the hands of criminals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Are you as worried about people putting on make up, shaving, talking on cell phones, texting
    or drinking while driving killing the kids and grand kids?
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Are you as worried about people putting on make up, shaving, talking on cell phones, texting
    or drinking while driving killing the kids and grand kids?
    OK...that IS something that concerns me. When people are driving, they should be ONLY driving. A car can be a lethal weapon. But I do believe that MOST drivers are responsible drivers. Only a few out there multi-task while driving.

And of course, when I say they should legalize pot, I do not mean that anyone should drive a car and smoke pot...or drink...or smoke cigarettes...or anything else. They should have BOTH HANDS ON THE WHEEL.

Though I am concerned about this, I still think that most people are responsible drivers. It is easy to get too wrapped up in what a small percent of people do and then project it on to the general population as if everyone does it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    Ditto all that you said Judy. The truth is that only a very tiny percent of people in this country have an actual problem with drugs. So for this small number the rest of the majority is vicitimized in this so called war on drugs. And for the small percent who have a problem, there is not that much help for them. We should use the money that currently goes to imprisoning those that are ill with drug addiction....use the money to treat them instead. And if it is legal it takes it out of the hands of criminals.
    Exactly, redpony353. That's how I see it, too.

Anyone desiring to do any drug can easily do so right now. The so called war on drugs has been a failure for decades.

That's my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratbstard
    Anyone desiring to do any drug can easily do so right now. The so called war on drugs has been a failure for decades.

That's my two cents.
    Exactly.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast