Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA - Schwarzenegger Recall Gets Certified

Schwarzenegger Recall Gets Certified
    Friday, May 8, 2009

The state has given the okay to organizers in their effort to recall the governor.

California Secretary of State Debra Bowen has certified a petition to recall Governor Schwarzenegger. That means organizers of the recall effort can start collecting signatures.

The petition claims Schwarzenegger "no longer represents the interest of the people and has betrayed the trust of the voters."

If it gets enough signatures, it could appear on the 2010 spring ballot.

Schwarzenegger's term expires in January 2011.

http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/mainh ... le=5441735

Recall bid against Schwarzenegger gets green light
    By Glenn Gehlke
    Contra Costa Times
    Posted: 05/07/2009 09:14:09 PM PDT
    Updated: 05/08/2009 03:44:21 PM PDT

California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. (ASSOCIATED PRESS) An effort to recall Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger moved ahead Thursday when Secretary of State Debra Bowen certified an organizer's recall petition.

The campaign to unseat the governor is being waged by Edwin Snell, a San Bernardino County resident who runs a political action committee called Recalls California.

The recall petition claims Schwarzenegger "no longer represent(s) the interest of the people and has betrayed the trust of the voters."

Proponents of the recall drive now have 160 days to gather at least 1,041,530 valid signatures — 12 percent of the 8,679,416 votes cast for governor in the November 2006 election — with a final filing date of Oct. 14.

There are 17.2 million registered California voters, according to the Secretary of State's office.

Once the signatures are certified — a process that could take until Feb. 5 — a date for a recall election would have to be set, but could be conducted within 180 days of the certification date, according to Bowen's office.

The election, if it comes to pass, likely would be consolidated with the 2010 spring primary, in which major party candidates for the governor's office will already be vying for the chance to appear on the November ballot.

Schwarzenegger's term expires in January 2011 and by state law he cannot run for a third term. He was elected in the 2003 recall of Gov. Gray Davis.

CA is getting serious! Is this group Anti- or Pro- illegals?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is there a link for the petition? I'd like to sign it -- I also know quite a few folks who would be happy to sign it.

Yeah I always worry now that we may get someone worse...wait maybe not!!! Honestly I don't think any Governor can help this state. The unions,far-left wackos in the legislature make anything other than spend spend spend impossible. I do think Arnold came with good intentions, but just couldn't move. Am I pleased with him, heck no, but who else? I mean can you imagine Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsome.

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Yeah I always worry now that we may get someone worse...wait maybe not!!! Honestly I don't think any Governor can help this state. The unions,far-left wackos in the legislature make anything other than spend spend spend impossible. I do think Arnold came with good intentions, but just couldn't move. Am I pleased with him, heck no, but who else? I mean can you imagine Villaraigosa or Gavin Newsome.
    Good point.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Schwarzenegger is a RHINO - Republican in Name Only, just as Spector was ... it's time for him to change parties as well
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is a link to the petitions.

http://www.recallscalifornia.com/petitions.htm

I downloaded and printed the petition but where do you send it after that? Anyone know?

I'm guessing here.

RecallsCalifornia.com (a political P.A.C.)
    Po Box 403573
    Hesperia, Ca

This is their main web page.

http://www.recallscalifornia.com/