Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

California Assembly Speaker: Conservative Talkers Are Terror

California Assembly Speaker: Conservative Talkers Are Terrorists

By Noel Sheppard
    June 27, 2009 - 14:34 ET

Conservative talk radio hosts are terrorists.

So said the Speaker of California's Assembly in an interview published at the Los Angeles Times Saturday.

As amazing as it may seem, this was Karen Bass's (D-LA) response to the question, "How do you think conservative talk radio has affected the Legislature's work?" (h/t NBer Gary Hall):

The Republicans were essentially threatened and terrorized against voting for revenue. Now [some] are facing recalls. They operate under a terrorist threat: "You vote for revenue and your career is over." I don't know why we allow that kind of terrorism to exist. I guess it's about free speech, but it's extremely unfair.
    Wow!

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-shepp ... terrorists
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

democratic representatives are the terrorists!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

he Republicans were essentially threatened and terrorized against voting for revenue. Now [some] are facing recalls. They operate under a terrorist threat: "You vote for revenue and your career is over." I don't know why we allow that kind of terrorism to exist. I guess it's about free speech, but it's extremely unfair.
    I understand her position perfectly. She apparently has never seen the need to be responsive to her constituents, so anyone who promotes accountability and responsiveness in our politicians must seem absolutely terrifying to her. By the way, does she consider Move On Dot Org, La Raza, SPLC, ACLU et al as terrorist groups when THEY Threaten politicians and local government with reprisals if THEY do not get their way? Hmmmm. I bet not.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO