Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DFW Weather last night

I just wanted to check in with the DFW area people here to make sure they are okay after the CONSTANT barrage of storms last night. Personally, my 20 year old tree in my front yard is GONE, most of the fencing in my back yard is down, and my roof needs repairing. I haven't seen anything like this in a long time. What a nightmare!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Re: DFW Weather last night

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    I just wanted to check in with the DFW area people here to make sure they are okay after the CONSTANT barrage of storms last night. Personally, my 20 year old tree in my front yard is GONE, most of the fencing in my back yard is down, and my roof needs repairing. I haven't seen anything like this in a long time. What a nightmare!

Oh no!! Glad to hear you're okay Jshmr.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen much news today and no weather at all......were there tornadoes or just really bad T-storms?

It's such a shame about your tree......I really hate to see any tree go down but one that's been around for that long even moreso.

Thankfully though, you and your family are okay.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm about half way towards Tyler from you and so far, other than wind, lightening, thunder and rain all night, everything seems okay at our house. We've got about 23 acres of forested area and I haven't been back there see if any trees have been damaged. I thought the weather service predicted a 20% chance of thunderstorms. And they think that they can predict global warming? BS. I feel for your loss of tree, fence and roof. I hope that you insurance pays for most of it.
    The price paid for our freedom should never be forgotten!

From within a nation of sheep, a government of wolves will rise!

Matthew 6:9-13

i am a DFW person and saw lots of rain and lots of wind last nite
    Mother nature, when it wasnt raining, sure was having one hell of a light show in the sky, everything from a flash that lit the entire sky to lightning bolts.
    the apartments i am in, half of the complex has lights, the other half doesnt.
    it looks weird. yeah there was some damage, but from what i can tell, nothing around where i am

I've been around and about today around Lake Worth. Lots of flooding, downed trees and fences.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I've been around and about today around Lake Worth. Lots of flooding, downed trees and fences.

Dixie
    any damage to your property?

Re: DFW Weather last night

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr

Oh no!! Glad to hear you're okay Jshmr.

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen much news today and no weather at all......were there tornadoes or just really bad T-storms?

It's such a shame about your tree......I really hate to see any tree go down but one that's been around for that long even moreso.

Thankfully though, you and your family are okay.
    I am a storm spotter (I have a ham radio license) and I listened in last night. There were several spotters reporting rotation from wall clouds. I was looking out my window and I saw a young tree from a across the street get picked up and blown away. I IMMEDIATELY got my family in our coat closet. Although no homes were destroyed, my neighborhood still looks like a disaster area. I have been through plenty of these storms, but this time they kept coming. It seemed endless. The electricity was out for about 7 hours. Life in "Tornado Alley" can get very interesting at times.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&