Thread: The Hand of God

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Hand of God

Here is the hand of God reaching out to touch Pulsar B1509

This was taken by NASA's Chandra X-ray observatory. [/img]
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Waaay cool!

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    Waaay cool!
    They said yesterday it was the energy from a star 17 light years away, I think they said.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

CHECK OUT CROWN OF THORNS GALAXY.

APPROPRIATE FOR EASTER SEASON.

'Crown of Thorns' Galaxy

NASA, ESA and W. Harris (McMaster University, Ontario, Canada)

A new Hubble image highlights striking swirling dust lanes and glittering globular clusters in oddball galaxy.

Photographed in Space
    Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A new Hubble image highlights striking swirling dust lanes and glittering globular clusters in oddball galaxy.
    An unusual large galaxy with a shape bordering between spiral and elliptical has been spotted by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope.

NGC 7049 sits in the southern constellation Indus, and is the brightest of a cluster of galaxies, a so-called Brightest Cluster Galaxy (BCG). Typical BCGs are some of the oldest and most massive galaxies, which provide excellent opportunities for astronomers to study the elusive globular clusters lurking within.

The halo, a ghostly region of diffuse light surrounding the galaxy, is composed of myriads of individual stars and provides a luminous background to the swirling ring of dust lanes surrounding NGC 7049's core.

Small faint points of light sprinkled throughout the galaxy represent globular clusters, which are gravitational groupings of several hundreds of thousands of stars. They contain some of the first stars to be produced in a galaxy.

NGC 7049 has far fewer such clusters than other similar giant galaxies in very big, rich groups. This indicates to astronomers how the surrounding environment influenced the formation of galaxy halos in the early universe.

Hubble captured this image using its Advanced Camera for Surveys, which is primed to hunt galaxies and galaxy clusters in the remote and ancient universe. The space telescope recently imaged a group of colliding galaxies chosen in an online voting contest.

Copyright © 2009 Imaginova Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

See Next Story in SciTech

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513038,00.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Too Cool CCUSA!! By the way, I will be leaving tomorrow to attend a star party in Fort Davis, Texas. A rich guy named Jimi built a 48 inch scope. He had Russians build the mirror, which alone cost him $100,000.

Here's me!

And here a great one taken by my brother.

We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Sounds great jshhmr.

You are so lucky to get a chance to look at the stars with such a great telescope.

Hope you see alot of cool stars. Please post back if you get so great pictures.

Have a happy.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

And people sill think that were alone in the universe!! i think that it is totally ridiculous and arrogant just by the shear size and number of possibility's! Its really humbling to see the stars with such a telescope!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

One of the biggest thrills in my life was seeing Saturn and its rings through a friend's home telescope. And since I have too much light contamination around my home I am doomed to watching shows like "The Universe" for nifty pictures and explanations.
    Absolutely post photos as you will probably be looking a photons emitted thousands, millions or even billions of years ago.
    I still have to laugh at the idea that some intelligent civilation will pick up our TV transmission thousands of years from now and receive "I Love Lucy" and "The Honeymooners."