Thread: Happy Easter

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Happy Easter

TheWanderingWizard

Shared publicly - 8:20 AM

CAPTAIN BLACK
    Shared publicly - 10:01 AM

Entering the Temple, Jesus saw the money changers, along with merchants who were selling animals for sacrifice. Pilgrims carried coins from their home towns, most bearing the images of Roman emperors or Greek gods, which Temple authorities considered idolatrous.

The high priest ordered that only Tyrian shekels would be accepted for the annual half-shekel Temple tax because they contained a higher percentage of silver, so the money changers exchanged unacceptable coins for these shekels. Of course, they extracted a profit, sometimes much more than the law allowed.

Hmmm, sounds familiar.

Jesus was so filled with anger at the desecration of the holy place that he took some cords and wove them into a small whip. He ran about, knocking over the tables of the money changers, spilling coins on the ground. He drove the exchangers out of the area, along with the men selling pigeons and cattle. He also prevented people from using the court as a shortcut.

ANON TH originally shared:

First you gotta get angry...................

ANON TH's photos

Banned
    Palm Sunday & Ridding America of Her Den of Thieves

David Whitney 57 mins ago

Palm Sunday is a glorious Sunday, when we recall that triumphal entry of Jesus into the city of Jerusalem. At that momentous point, the people recognize that Jesus is the Messiah, the King that was long promised in the writings of the prophets. As I was studying Luke's account of Palm Sunday this week, it struck me just how different that day was for Jesus in contrast with the crowd rejoicing about Him.
    I visited the U.S. Capitol this week with a group of pastors from all over our country. I've toured the Capitol several other times, but this time I had the unusual experience of going into the very belly of the belly of the beast – the chamber where the U.S. House of Representatives meet, and not just in the gallery, but down on the floor.

I got to stand in the well of the House and stand before one of the two podiums at which Representatives give their speeches. To sit in the overstuffed leather chairs where our Representatives sit and debate. I was able to run my fingers over the four buttons they used to vote, and I was surprised that there were four, Aye, Nay, Abstain, Present buttons. I looked around that famous room where perhaps you've watched the State of the Union address being delivered, where the Representatives debate and cast their votes. That room seemed different than it appears on T.V. It seemed smaller, drabber and less glorious.
    You might excuse it by the lateness of the hour when we visited, but I think there is more. As I sat in that leather seat, and ran my fingers over those buttons of power, I thought about what takes place in that room – the unrelenting evil which emanates from that space. We were told that four votes were cast earlier on the day we visited. It reminded me that, in that room, those votes cast continue the federal leviathan spending 40% more than it takes in.
    What if a family tried to live 40% above its income? Borrowing the difference would soon find that no one would lend them any money. This has been going on in Congress for so long that we are at a point where the debt cannot be repaid. Which means Congress has mortgaged the future, robbing future generations yet unborn, in fact, consigning them to eternal debt slavery. Then it dawned on me that where I was sitting is what Jesus called on that first Palm Sunday, a den of thieves.
    That is why the place has a drab and gloomy pall overhanging it. It is the source of great evils that are a plague not only on our country, but indeed a plague to many countries around the world. I was brought back from my reverie by a fellow pastor who asked if we could pray. We got down on our knees in the den of thieves and prayed for revival, prayed for repentance, and I prayed for God's deliverance from that den of thieves.
    What happened 2000 years ago on Palm Sunday is happening today. Jesus came to a point in the road as Jerusalem came into view. The road curves around the shoulder of the hill on which the garden of Gethsemane was, and we are told from eyewitnesses that there is a point on that road where Jerusalem suddenly comes into view. Eyewitness accounts from that time tell us Jerusalem was spectacular and resplendent, especially the temple. Mountains of white marble decorated lavishly with gold. When the sun hit that temple it was blinding to the eye.

All this beauty covered over the deep moral corruption and decay. All the pomp and power, all the grandeur and pride were about to come to a catastrophic end. Why? Because Jesus came, the Messiah, He came; the fulfillment of all the prophecies. He came, the Savior, and they would reject Him, spit upon Him, beat Him mercilessly and in a few short days they would crucify Him. Jesus foresaw what that would mean for the city of Jerusalem. All this glittering marble and gold, all the pride, all the wealth, all the power in less than 40 years would be completely destroyed.
    What our dying land needs is true disciples of Jesus Christ, who because they are infused with the Word of God, and are applying it in their own lives, are able to lead others to faith in Christ, make disciples of them and see what needs to be done in society to turn families back to God's Law, the Churches back to God's Law, and indeed the Civil government back to God's Law. Will you join with me on this blessed pilgrimage?
    Learn more about your Constitution with Pastor David Whitney and the "Institute on the Constitution" and receive your free gift.

Published on Apr 14, 2014
    No description available.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/04/palm-sunday-ridding-america-den-thieves/#hvqxCQJWgoXwc6oI.99

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.
    You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.

Banned

Banned

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13
    Shortly before Jesus' arrest and crucifixion he sat with his disciples and seemed to be giving them be words, warnings, and comfort that would prepare them for the days and years ahead. In the middle of that conversation were these words, "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." We especially remember those words as we approach the time of his death and resurrection.

That is not all that Jesus said to them, and I believe those words were not meant for just that time and that place. He was giving them instruction, preparing them, and us, for what was to come.

Jesus told us that if we remain in him, and he in us, we would bear much fruit, but apart from him, we can do nothing. In that message he told us that he chose us and appointed us to bear fruit, fruit that will last. In addition, in John 15:15 he said, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." Do we realize how powerful that is? Think of your closest friends versus a casual acquaintance, the depth of that relationship, the things you share with them. Jesus, the creator of the universe, has intentionally changed our relationship with him. We were once thought of as servants, but now He calls us friend!

Jesus goes deeper; he bears his soul as you would to a friend and tries to prepare them for the persecution that lies ahead. John 15: 18 - 19: "If the world hates you, keep in mind, that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also." He goes on to say in verse 25, "They hated me without reason." This was not just a message for the disciples sitting at his feet; it is a message for us, today. The hate we see today towards those who love God and proclaim His truth, are not new, nor is it unexpected. Furthermore, Jesus tells us "...they hate without reason." Jesus immediately tells his disciples how they will be able to deal with this hate, He will send an Advocate, the Spirit of Truth, and that Advocate will testify of Jesus.

This Easter, as we think of the price our Savior paid for our freedom and look with concern at what is going on in our culture today, and more so around the world, remember Jesus’ words, “Testify, bear much fruit, and abide in the vine.”

Remember, "He is not here; he has risen! ......" Luke 24:6

Sincerely,

Regina Brown
    National Prayer Coordinator
    Pray@ffcoalition.com

Banned

This made my day! 

Thank you kathyet2 for the messages honoring Christ and in celebration of the resurrection. I hope that you and all have had a blessed Easter.

The following video has scenes from the Passion of the Christ, so there is depiction of blood from the beatings.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZYCtOXcT1U
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)