Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Intruder pleads with armed Grandma: I’m sorry, ma’am. I’m leaving. Please don’t shoot

Intruder pleads with armed Grandma: ‘I’m sorry, ma’am. I’m leaving. Please don’t shoot.’

From the Trenches World Report
    www.FromTheTrenchesWorldReport.com
    June 13th, 2013
    Reader Views: 40

Comments (3)

By Jennifer Cruz guns.com

A 72-year-old grandma did what had to be done in order to protect herself and her wheelchair-bound husband when a man nearly half her age attempted to break into their Anaheim home early Sunday morning. She shot at him with her Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum revolver, coming within inches of his face, reported The Associated Press.

It was about 12:30 a.m. when Jan Cooper heard someone frantically trying to get into her house through the front door. When that attempt failed, the would-be intruder, later identified as 31-year-old Brandon Alexander Perez, climbed over the fence and attempted to get in through the sliding glass door in the back.

Cooper was home with her 85-year-old husband, a World War II vet who is wheelchair-bound, and even with their Rottweiler barking fanatically, Perez still tried to make his way inside their home.

The loud barking could be heard on the recording of the 911 call, as can the Christian grandma as she unintentionally lets curse words fly from her mouth. And as Perez starts to slide the glass door open, Cooper yells at the operator, “I’m firing!” and the sound of the courageous grandma’s .357 being shot is heard.

She then urged the 911 operator to send help. “You’d better get the police here. I don’t know whether I hit him or not. I’m not sure. He’s standing at my door, my back door. He’s in my yard,” she told the operator.

But after Cooper fired the shot, Perez had a change of tone, begging for mercy. “I’m sorry, ma’am. I’m leaving. Please don’t shoot,” he pleaded.

However, deputies were already on their way when Cooper fired the shot, which they heard, and when they arrived, arrested Perez for attempted burglary. Perez, who was currently on parole and has previous burglary and narcotics charges, was living in a halfway house near Cooper’s home. He pleaded not guilty to the burglary charge and has a court date set for later this month.

Orange County Sheriff’s Department spokesman, Jim Amormino, said at a newsconference that Cooper was well within her rights to fire at Perez, and no charges are expected to be filed against her.

The soft-spoken woman said that she was surprised at the anger she heard in her voice from the 911 recording. “But whatever’s necessary to literally stop them — he was not going to come into my home,” she said.

Delivered by The Daily Sheeple

Contributed by From the Trenches World Report of www.FromTheTrenchesWorldReport.com.

From the Trenches World Report is intent on uncovering more documented facts to bring to light that which the common man or woman is not meant to see. We are in a war for nothing less than our right to individual thought. We will be reporting on that war From the Trenches.

Please share: Spread the word to sheeple far and wide

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/intru...t-shoot_062013
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Meet Jan Cooper: A Real American

by STEVE DEACE on JUNE 13, 2013

Many of us are asking ourselves nowadays what happened to the America we once knew and loved? What happened to the America that had faith in God, believed in rugged individualism, and awarded merit while punishing lawbreakers?

That America, at least temporarily, has been found. Her name is Jan Cooper.

A 72-year old grandmother from Anaheim (Calif.), Cooper was recently at home doing what she does most nights—taking care of her 85-year old husband, a disabled World War II veteran. Cooper wasn’t looking for trouble, and even owned a “snarling Rottweiler” –according to reports – for protection.

But that wasn’t going to deter repeat offender, 31-year old Brandon Alexander Perez, from attempting to rob her. When Cooper saw Perez on her back porch and trying to get in the house through a sliding door, she immediately dialed 9-1-1, breathlessly begging the authorities to show up.

But when seconds count the police are just minutes away.

So Cooper did what any red-blooded American from her era would do without thinking twice. She pulled out her Smith & Wesson – a loaded 357 Magnum revolver. She fired a shot at Perez, just missing him by inches. Perez, who was undeterred by the snarling Rottweiler, was suddenly stopped dead in his tracks by Cooper’s 357.

“I’m sorry, Ma’am,” he said as he retreated. “I’m leaving. Please don’t shoot.”

By the time the police arrived it wasn’t the 72-year old grandmother they found cowering in fear but Perez, who was hiding behind some bushes.

Cooper only had one regret about the episode, but it wasn’t firing on her would-be attacker. She regretted saying “get back you son of a b****” before she fired her gun.

“I am a Christian woman and I’m very proud of that, so I don’t curse but rage just took hold of me,” Cooper said. “In fact, my husband told me afterward he’d never heard me talk like that.”
    Now, that’s America. Or at least it used to be. Hopefully it can be again one day soon before we run out of Jan Coopers.

Tell Congress to REJECT all forms of Gun-Control Legislation! Send Faxes and Sign the Petition.
    Tagged as: guns, Jan Cooper, self defense, steve deace

About Steve Deace

Steve Deace is nationally distributed each weeknight from 9-Midnight EST by the Salem Radio Network. His radio program has been featured in major media such as Fox News, CBS News, CNN, among others. Follow Steve @SteveDeaceShow.

View all posts by Steve Deace →

http://www.conservativeactionalerts....real-american/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Anaheim California.. its a wonder the police didnt arrest her because she didnt have a right to carry permit