Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OBAMA: Insults disabled people

.... according to Jake Tapper of ABC.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... ob-15.html

Political Punch
    Power, pop, and probings from ABC News Senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper

President Obama Jokes About Being a Bad Bowler: 'It's Like the Special Olympics'
    March 19, 2009 8:56 PM

The first appearance by a sitting president on "The Tonight Show" may well end up being the last.

President Obama, in his taping with Jay Leno Thursday afternoon, attempted to yuk it up with the funnyman, and ended up insulting the disabled.

Towards the end of his approximately 40-minute appearance, the president talked about how he's gotten better at bowling and has been practicing in the White House bowling alley.

He bowled a 129, the president said.

"That's very good, Mr. President," Leno said sarcastically.

It's "like the Special Olympics or something," the president said.

When asked about the remark, the White House said the president did not intend to offend.

"The president made an off-hand remark making fun of his own bowling that was in no way intended to disparage the Special Olympics," White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton said. "He thinks the Special Olympics is a wonderful program that gives an opportunity for people with disabilities from around the world."

Facing tough questions about the performance of his Treasury Secretary, $165 million in bonuses for AIG officials and anticipating a fight over his $3.55 trillion budget, the president has not had a particularly good week, and it's unlikely this will help matters.

- jpt

Yea, we know what the Jackass in the White House meant.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah.we know about remarks.......I would venture to say we have all done this one time or another without thinking.....I would be more concerned with other matters at hand right now although he may need to rethink some of his comments.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I'm not one to defend the man because I personally believe he is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on this country, but honestly, does anyone really believe that he was deliberately disparaging the handicapped?

I think it would be wise to save our criticisms for when he really screws up, like with the AIG bonuses, or town hall meetings that promote amnesty.

Really, if we pick on every single gaff, who is going to take us seriously when it comes to the big stuff?
    <div>
    </div>

He should get the same break other politicians get, especially if they're Republicans. A Repub would have been crucified by the libs for making that comment and we all know it.

My son is special needs and his comment did offend me, however he "meant" it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    I'm not one to defend the man because I personally believe he is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on this country, but honestly, does anyone really believe that he was deliberately disparaging the handicapped?

I think it would be wise to save our criticisms for when he really screws up, like with the AIG bonuses, or town hall meetings that promote amnesty.

Really, if we pick on every single gaff, who is going to take us seriously when it comes to the big stuff?
    Yes I do think he was deliberately disparaging the handicapped. I think every time the man speaks without his teleprompter he shows us who he really is. This time was no different.

Is this a big battle, compared to amnesty? No it is not. But it does confirm to me that he is exactly who I thought he was.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)

usurpers do this stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by melena29
    "..he is the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on this country..!! .."
    Yep, ZERO doubt..

..six months or less..

..behind bars..

..or..

..resigns..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIG PS:
    the NeoMarxist usurper/mafia thread:
    www.alipac.us/ftopict-137238.html
    No need for &lsquo;mass roundups&rsquo;, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

azzzzz hole. He thinks his sheeeeet dont stink, well, we will leave that up
    to all of your realization......
    I find him to be a repulsetive kind of flaky jackass.........barf bag.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by koobster
    azzzzz hole. He thinks his sheeeeet dont stink, well, we will leave that up
    to all of your realization......
    I find him to be a repulsetive kind of flaky jackass.........barf bag.
    LOL! Yeah, the man is useless without his precious teleprompter. It's one thing for the average person to joke like this, but the president??? We are supposed to hold him to a higher standard. What a goon!

what a total loser this guy has become

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast