Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Have a safe trip Hylander_1314.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good Luck!

Hylander_1314, please have a very safe trip back home , and good luck on your new plans!

Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

[quote="Hylander_1314"]cv,

Here's a website that will make you weep at the looks of things.

http://www.detroityes.com/home.htm

Thanks for posting this link Hylander..........this kind of stuff is right up the alley of some research I do which has me bumping around in all kinds of old buildings.

It just makes me so darned sad all the time to see such wonderful old and elegant places abandoned and left to crumble.....it's truly a loss, and, I've always felt anyway,rather disrepectful of us a society when we can just throw away such design and workmanship so easily.

Good luck with your move, have a safe trip and try not to stay away too long.....we'll miss you!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, so far with fixing everything on the little Bronco my sister neglected has come to this so far:

Replaced the

water pump
    thermostat and gasket
    upper & lower radiator hoses
    rear axle seals and the left side bearing
    all 4 shocks
    hydraulic slave cylinder for the clutch (it was leaking from age and wear)
    clutch disk & pressure plate
    radiator
    exhaust system from the pipe aft of the catalitic convertor to the tailpipe
    and today the windshield
    also did the alignment too

On my trailer, I had to do the wheel bearings but that was something I was going to do reguardless of moving or not, as it gets dipped eveytime I launch the boat, and water finds a way in everything eventually, so they take a beating over time reguardless of what you do. But the boat will come in handy when getting fish, and possibly duck and goose hunting on the islands back home.

Thank god I have an old school buddy running a repair shop and he saved me a bundle on parts and labor since I took good of the people who worked in his shop, and his and his wife's cars when I had the automotive HVAC business.

So tonight I pack up my books, and my metal model cars that I started collecting about 20 years ago, and get that leaves just the tv, and the 'puter to pack up and hopefully I can boogie next Tuesday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    cv,

Here's a website that will make you weep at the looks of things.

http://www.detroityes.com/home.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314

Thanks for posting this link Hylander..........this kind of stuff is right up the alley of some research I do which has me bumping around in all kinds of old buildings.

It just makes me so darned sad all the time to see such wonderful old and elegant places abandoned and left to crumble.....it's truly a loss, and, I've always felt anyway,rather disrepectful of us a society when we can just throw away such design and workmanship so easily.

Good luck with your move, have a safe trip and try not to stay away too long.....we'll miss you!!
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but when people are leaving the area and the population isn't there to support restoration projects there isn't much else to do with it. It falls into disrepair. Looking at places like the old fort Dad used to take us to, and to see it overgrown with vegetation, and places lie the Belle Isle Boatsman Club falling apart because nobody went there anymore, and old Bablo Boats rotting in shared slip was just heartbreaking. Who'da thought 50 years ago that it would come to this. But it's a prime example of government run amok in the city and corruption on a grand scale along with abuse of power. Just look up the history of the recent Mayor Kilpatrick and illustious record............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12