Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Poker Game is Ending: The Wealthiest Have Taken All of the

No Wonder the Poker Game is Ending: The Wealthiest Have Taken All of the Chips

Washington’s Blog
    Saturday, August 15, 2009

A new report by University of California, Berkeley economics professor Emmanuel Saez concludes that income inequality in the United States is at an all-time high, surpassing even levels seen during the Great Depression.

The report shows that:

Income inequality is worse than it has been since at least 1917
    “The top 1 percent incomes captured half of the overall economic growth over the period 1993-2007″
    “In the economic expansion of 2002-2007, the top 1 percent captured two thirds of income growth.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Construction workers who used to be paid a good middle class wage and called carpenters and had a "trade" that was valued, were replaced with illegal aliens, who could do the labor but at a cost of quality (some contracters had to hire real "tile layers" to pull out tile from new model homes that was coming up and cracking, after "illegals" did a cheap job for cheap wages).

Now almost all construction jobs are held by illegal aliens.

In Las Vegas NV they estimate that 6 to 7 of the 8 thousand in construction work on the hotels were illegals.

You can't keep bringing in millions of illegals and foreign workers for less wages and push American workers out of jobs with out it showing up.

In the 80's and 90's college kids were told "computers" were the "wave of the future" go and get a degree in computers or IS (information systems).

Now hundreds and thousands of those jobs go to H1-B visa holders from India. OR have you called for help from some company lately? Aren't most of the call rooms now in India? Earthlink, Dell, ..... the list is so long.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/resou ... rcial.html

Quote Originally Posted by cjbl2929
    Construction workers who used to be paid a good middle class wage and called carpenters and had a "trade" that was valued, were replaced with illegal aliens, who could do the labor but at a cost of quality (some contracters had to hire real "tile layers" to pull out tile from new model homes that was coming up and cracking, after "illegals" did a cheap job for cheap wages).

Now almost all construction jobs are held by illegal aliens.

In Las Vegas NV they estimate that 6 to 7 of the 8 thousand in construction work on the hotels were illegals.

You can't keep bringing in millions of illegals and foreign workers for less wages and push American workers out of jobs with out it showing up.

In the 80's and 90's college kids were told "computers" were the "wave of the future" go and get a degree in computers or IS (information systems).

Now hundreds and thousands of those jobs go to H1-B visa holders from India. OR have you called for help from some company lately? Aren't most of the call rooms now in India? Earthlink, Dell, ..... the list is so long.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/resou ... rcial.html
    Thank you for pointing that out! My dad was a welder from 1975-1981. He was making $16 an hour when he was laid off in 1981. He was replaced by an illegal for $8 and hour. He went into retail after that.

My brother, dropped out of school shortly after my parents' divorced at 18. My mom was an apartment manager so she hired him as an apprentice (porter) in 1990. He gained his skills and became very successful. In 2006, he decided to go into business for himself doing general handyman work as well as doing rehabs. He was ALWAYS outbid by the illegals, and of course the illegals botched the job, so the jobs my brother got was to FIX the crappy job the illegals did. Needless to say the average American is driven by price instead of quality. I pretty much ignored the issue, until my id was stolen, which ultimately led me to Alipac. I am thankful for such a place to release my frustrations.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&