Thread: Red Dawn - 2012

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Red Dawn - 2012

Red Dawn Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Chris Hemsworth Movie HD

Red Dawn Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Chris Hemsworth Movie HD - YouTube

ublished on Aug 10, 2012 by movieclipsTRAILERS
    Subscribe to TRAILERS: YouTube

Subscribe to COMING SOON: YouTube

Red Dawn Official Trailer #1 (2012) - Chris Hemsworth Movie HD

A city in Washington state awakens to the surreal sight of foreign paratroopers dropping from the sky - shockingly, the U.S. has been invaded and their hometown is the initial target. Quickly and without warning, the citizens find themselves prisoners and their town under enemy occupation. Determined to fight back, a group of young patriots seek refuge in the surrounding woods, training and reorganizing themselves into a guerilla group of fighters. Taking inspiration from their high school mascot, they call themselves the Wolverines, banding together to protect one another, liberate their town from its captors, and take back their freedom.

Category: Film & Animation

License: Standard YouTube License
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Red Dawn 2012
    Posted by Patriotgreg on November 24, 2012 at 1:38pm

http://patriotgreg-neopatriot.blogspot.com/2012/11/red-dawn-2012-my...
    I just returned from the theater after watching the movie "Red Dawn". I was a fan of the first one even though it was a little corny and far-reaching with the plot or was it? I'm a product of the cold war and the Reagan era military (still am) and liked any movie showing America prevailing over Communism and Soviet global expansion. Well the new version cannot use the same plot exactly but it does draw a conceivable scenario.

Before I continue into the plot and my review I wanted to share with you what really motivated me to see the movie. My brother-in-law said he wanted to see it and I don't go to a lot of movies these days because I'm pretty disgusted with Hollywood. So it is this irony that led me to really want to go and here is why: I was looking up the showtimes for our local theater on my Flixster app and I started reading the "Rotten Tomatoes" reviews and they were trashing the movie badly.

One review at least was more honest in their opinion by stating, "It is a Tea Party wet dream". Well this was the motivating factor for me, not because I'm somewhat aligned with the Tea Party movement but because I wanted to see what it was that was p****** off these liberal reviewers. These same liberal reviewers gave 2016 Obama's America some poor reviews as well while the general public review gave it a 75% approval rating so I knew that Red Dawn had to be better than what reviews let on. Red Dawn Flixster ratings as of November 23rd 2012: 12% of critics like it, 65% users like it.

So here is the scenario: North Korea invades the NW corner of the United States and as it turns out there was alliance formed with 5 countries in the far east to include Russia. So the invasion is carried out with these aligned nations all having their sector to control.

Just like the first Red Dawn a group of teens end up banding into a guerrilla warfare unit wrecking havoc on the occupying forces. Just about right from the beginning I realized how much the reviewers missed the point and I can see why they were put off as it starts of with news clips of the European economic problems escalating in to US economic problems all with President Obama, Vice President Biden and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton press conference responses coupled with the fact that this is really happening now, lends credibility with the plot. It turns out our economic weakness enables this new alliance to invade the US (and I would assume Europe?)

Most of the people I know in my political circles would agree that we are in serious peril economically and that only lends itself to more vulnerability of our National Defense. Most of the movies critics said that an invasion by North Korea is far fetched basically calling an improbable scenario. Well they must of missed the first 2 minutes of the movie getting pissed off when the people they idolize are portrayed in a way that led to the conditions allowing the invasion. Is it probable that North Korea would invade the US?

No, but there are many scenarios that could be drawn up because of increasing economic vulnerabilities We know Iran and Russia are tight, China and North Korea are lukewarm partners in the Far East so who knows? I kept thinking how horribly ignorant these movie critics are, or how much denial they are in. I just don't understand how people let themselves be so blind, closed-minded or just so far removed from what really is happening in the world economically and politically. And that is why we got 4 more years.

I would admit the movie isn't going to win any awards. The acting is okay, the plot is almost believable but some of the scenes and other technicalities like the cellphone battery that never dies. (Must be the same battery Kiefer Sutherland used in 24).

Another issue was that the citizens of Spokane didn't really fight back and I know there are a lot of private guns there, I mean I would use every bullet I had before I let someone take my daughter (hypothetical) prisoner. One positive thought is that this movie should appeal to a younger audience so I hope it inspires some thought into what is actually happening globally and ask the "what if?" questions. I came out of their thinking I need more ammunition.

You may not want to see Red Dawn for the same reason I did but it is actually very entertaining and much better than what the critics would lead you to believe. I was politically motivated to see it for the same reasons why the critics were politically motivated to write their negative reviews.

Red Dawn

Red Dawn 2012 - Patriot Action Network
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess Patriotgreg does not know the behind the scenes story about how the Chicoms forced Red Dawn 2012 to be completely revised to change the invading forces from being the Chinese military which could possibly successfully invade the United States, to the North Koreans who lack the ability to do so.

W