11:57 pm ET February 12, 2013

Ron Paul Reacts to State of the Union Address: ‘He Talked a Lot About Gun Control, I Don’t Think the American People Are Going to Put Up With That’

Former presidential candidate Ron Paul reacted to President Obama’s State of the Union address tonight with John Stossel on Fox Business Network.
Paul said in the speech, “certainly we didn’t get any answers tonight” to the key issues facing the nation.

“Everything on the surface looks like it’s welfare-ism and warfare-ism forever. But I think underneath there’s a smoldering desire that is growing by leaps and bounds that’s saying that a lot of the people in this country have had enough of it. Tonight he talked a lot about gun control, I don’t think the American people are going to put up with that,” said Paul.

Watch the full discussion VIDEO : Ron Paul Reacts to State of the Union Address: ‘He Talked a Lot About Gun Control, I Don’t Think the American People Are Going to Put Up With That’ | Fox News Insider

See what other conservatives said in response to the president’s speech, including Sen. Marco Rubio on behalf of the GOP and Sen. Rand Paul for the Tea Party.

Posted in: Ron Paul, Ron Paul on State of the Union, State of the Union

Ron Paul Reacts to State of the Union Address: ‘He Talked a Lot About Gun Control, I Don’t Think the American People Are Going to Put Up With That’ | Fox News Insider