Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Texas Cop Tasers 72-year-old Great Grandmother

Texas Cop Tasers 72-year-old Great Grandmother
    Text size
    David Edwards
    The Raw Story
    June 9, 2009

Fox News has obtained police dashboard video of the tasering of a 72 year old great grandmother in Travis County, TX.

The police claim that after Kathryn Winkfein was stopped for driving 15 miles over the speed limit in a construction zone, she disobeyed an order to sign the speeding ticker, used profane language, and became “violent.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They really chopped up that video. Watch the clock on it. Top Right. Remember, the tape is running, when the officer pulls over so a lot of the tape is missing. They show 14:22:53 before 14:21:22 to make it look like the officer pushed her first.

Frankly, she's out there pushing and shoving the officer into a lane of traffic (across the shoulder stripe, which he's standing on as he tells her to get back over there) and she's a danger to herself as well because she looks like she is about to go around him and walk right into the street. She was so unaware of the passing vehicles.

She should be in a mental health ward for observation because she's a "danger to herself and to others" the Texas deffinition. I hope the judge sends her to anger management classes.

Why is she out of the vehicle in the first place? Because she got out.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

She doesn't need to be driving, sorry. The time has come for her to depend on others.

And this officer is out of his mind; practicing for NEW WORLD ORDER

she disobeyed an order to sign the speeding ticker

I do agree that the video was chopped up so we don't know how it all unfolded.

But I disagree with her being tased. There were other means by which the officer could've subdued her without subjecting her to that. He is much bigger, younger, she was really no match for him in the long run, and tasers are supposed to be used only during extreme circumstances.

I mean really......what if she had a heart condition? Or seizure disorder? A pacemaker?

But, that being said.....since when does one have to "obey orders" to sign a ticket?

As far as I know, you still have the right to refuse to sign a traffic citation.

MW
    Dixie wrote:

They really chopped up that video. Watch the clock on it. Top Right. Remember, the tape is running, when the officer pulls over so a lot of the tape is missing. They show 14:22:53 before 14:21:22 to make it look like the officer pushed her first.

Frankly, she's out there pushing and shoving the officer into a lane of traffic (across the shoulder stripe, which he's standing on as he tells her to get back over there) and she's a danger to herself as well because she looks like she is about to go around him and walk right into the street. She was so unaware of the passing vehicles.

She should be in a mental health ward for observation because she's a "danger to herself and to others" the Texas deffinition. I hope the judge sends her to anger management classes.

Why is she out of the vehicle in the first place? Because she got out.

Dixie
    Excellent post, Dixie. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

azwreath wrote:

But I disagree with her being tased. There were other means by which the officer could've subdued her without subjecting her to that. He is much bigger, younger, she was really no match for him in the long run, and tasers are supposed to be used only during extreme circumstances.
    What other option did the officer have? Should he have wrestled her to the ground and handcuffed her? Perhaps the officer felt the lady was unstable and feared that she would attempt to make a grab for his weapon. I'm not sure what the best solution would have been because I wasn't there, however, I'm willing to give the police officer the benefit of doubt. Obviously the person that released the chopped up video has a personal agenda that includes shining a negative light on law enforcement.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Please join in as we LAUNCH PHASE 4 Amnesty SHUTDOWN!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-158996.html

az,

In Texas you can be arrested for traffic violations. There is only one exception and it may be no-insurance or not wearing your seatbelt. I can't remember.

Here's three minutes of the dash cam video.

Granny actually dared the officer to taze her. She told the officer, "go ahead taze me".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhYaUjZUI0

Dixie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxhYaUjZUI0
    only4usa (5 minutes ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Remove
    Do you have to sign a traffic violation in front of a cop? He got her out of the car to arrest her after she would not sign the ticket.

We did not see the first part of the stop. He had written the ticket when approaching the car in the video. He forgets she still has the freedom of speech.

He appears mad when he opened her door. And his friend in the video is one sided, and hyped up, too.

only4usa (19 minutes ago) Show Hide
    Marked as spam
    Reply | Remove
    Listen to the authority; forget her hearing is less than the cruel cop. Noisy cars zooming by so their voices rise. Was she driving w/ the flow of traffic? He should never have stopped her. With all the illegals this cops is stopping 72 year old women American Citizens to taser. Illegals are let go, stopping Americans to make $money$. Guilty of abuse and this is not his first time, he is hyped up! After the stop, he opens her door to get physical. Women it's better to stay in car. Speech!
    -----------------------------------------------
    Avoiding Traffic Tickets

Be Polite
    http://www.expertlaw.com/library/traffi ... ckets.html
    If you are pulled over by an officer, no matter how difficult it may be, you should be polite. (Note that there is a difference between courtesy and sucking up - don't cross that line.) While many officers are very professional and courteous, some officers will be unpleasant to deal with during traffic stops - but you must nonetheless be polite.

Pull Over - Don't delay pulling over. Be prompt about pulling over, if at all possible onto the right shoulder, and avoid obstructing traffic. If you did not see the officer immediately after his dome lights went on, apologize for your delay in stopping.

Stay In Your Car - the officer does not want you to get out of your car, not only for your own safety but out of concerns about the possibility of a violent confrontation.

Turn Off the Engine - Don't give the officer any reason to suspect that you may try to leave the scene.

Provide a Quiet Environment - Turn off your car's radio, and advise your passengers to stop any chatter.

Avoid Suprises - Don't root around in your car for objects or items, as the officer may be concerned that you are looking for a weapon. If you must retrieve items from your pockets or the glove compartment (such as your license or vehicle registration), let the officer know what you are doing before reaching for the items.

Keep Cool - if you are rude to an officer, you are much less likely to receive a warning instead of a ticket, or a break when a speeding ticket is issued. You are also more likely to inspire the officer to look for additional violations or vehicle defects which can justify tickets. You may even inspire the officer to note your belligerence on the ticket, so as to make it very difficult for you to get a good deal or dismissal if you go to court.

Don't Argue - Even if the officer makes a statement you believe to be ludicrous, such as "Did you know you were driving at 140 mph?", don't argue - and certainly not with a statement like, "That's absurd - I was only going 125". A calm acknowledgement that does not admit guilt, or a denial limited to "I don't believe so", will leave you in better standing.

In criminal defense work, it is not unusual to find a case where somebody has escalated a minor traffic stop into a full vehicle search by being rude to an officer - and ended up being charged with a crime for having contraband or an illegal weapon in the car. (In one real-life case, a man was charged with a felony because he had a double-edged knife in a cooler in the back seat - something the officer would never have looked for had the driver not been completely belligerent from the moment he was pulled over.) It is surprising how many rude drivers learn that their cars "smell like marijuana".

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    the cop is younger... a lot younger, over 6 foot and looks to be between 230 - 250 pounds... if he cant handle a 72 year old woman with dignity first, strength second..... he shouldn't be a cop ... a taser on a 72 year old woman... common, I don't care who you are... or what up bringing.. that is an old woman

AirborneSapper7: EXACTLY