Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Time Warner could lose 19 channels

I have to admit it wouldn't break my heart at all if some of these channels were cut.
    Web Posted: 12/31/2008 9:45 CST Time Warner could lose 19 channels

By Sanford Nowlin - Express-News

Dora, SpongeBob SquarePants and Jon Stewart all could be taking a New Year’s vacation from Time Warner Cable.

Media giant Viacom Inc. said it will strip Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV and 16 other of its channels away from San Antonio’s dominant cable provider at 12:01 a.m. Thursday unless the two can strike a new carriage deal.

The dispute affects Time Warner’s entire nationwide customer base of 13 million viewers. Viacom’s channels carry popular shows including “Dora the Explorer,â€

So who watches TV anymore?

The only time I have seen these channels to be cut is while I am tuning in the History Channel.

R/ Skip

Re: Time Warner could lose 19 channels

[quote]
    “Why is Dora crying?â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    So who watches TV anymore?

The only time I have seen these channels to be cut is while I am tuning in the History Channel.

R/ Skip
    I sure don't watch it anymore.
    I had a cable company call me today trying to get me to sign up and I politly told the guy I haven't bothered to watch tv since 85 and he said "I don't blame you sir, have a nice day".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)