Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Video: Off-Duty Cop Fired After Assaulting Soldier Who Denied His Advances

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Video: Off-Duty Cop Fired After Assaulting Soldier Who Denied His Advances

by Mikael Thalen
    October 15th, 2013
    Updated 10/15/2013 at 8:39 pm

An off-duty Richland County deputy was arrested in South Carolina last week, after cell-phone video revealed his attempts to violently arrest a female soldier for allegedly arguing with him at a local restaurant.

According to the police report, 49-year-old deputy Paul Derrick began arguing with a distraught 23-year-old Brittany Ball after his attempts to initiate a conversation with the soldier were ignored. Derrick, who was not in police uniform, was also drinking at the time of the incident.

Video at the Page Link:

wistv.com – Columbia, South Carolina |

According to witnesses, Derrick left the restaurant and returned after obtaining his badge, firearm and handcuffs from his vehicle. Derrick then grabbed Ball before violently handcuffing her arms behind her back, screaming “soldier stand up,” as the woman struggled to move.

Steven Hughes, a bar patron sitting across the patio, immediately pulled out his cell phone camera in an attempt to document the deteriorating situation.

“I said, ‘I’m going to start videoing this, because I think something is about to get out of hand and about the time I got my video out, he had her turned around and was putting her in handcuffs. I mean she never yelled at him.

She never resisted. She was as calm as she could be,” Hughes told WIS News.

Throughout the video Derrick can be seen pulling the woman’s arms, even saying, “This is how Marines deal with soldiers,” before slamming the woman’s head into a metal table.

Astonished by Derrick’s behavior, calls began pouring into 911 as restaurant management attempted to help the woman. Derrick continually demanded the management “step away” as the woman gasped for air. Amazingly, the deputy even goes on to order other customers to leave the patio.

“At an establishment like that if the management hasn’t asked you to leave, then you as a customer can’t ask somebody to leave,” said Hughes. “You have to go get management. That’s the whole point of having a business is letting management handle it.”

As Columbia police arrived on scene, Hughes immediately presented officers with the captured cell phone video while Derrick attempted to defend his actions.

“He watched maybe the first 30 seconds of it. And when he heard the Marine-Army comment he said, ‘Alright, things just changed. Arrest him, 10-37, and release her.’

And that’s when I said, ‘Sir, I know it’s hard, but that’s the right thing,’” said Hughes.

After being placed on administrative leave without pay, Derrick was later fired. At this time it appears Derrick will not be charged for assaulting and illegally detaining the female.

Full video of the incident
    :

http://www.storyleak.com/video-duty-...e-soldier-bar/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[video] Drunk Cop Loses His Job After What He Does to a Female Marine

in News, Opinion, Videos / by Sean Brown / on July 29, 2014 at 4:41 pm /

Some stories are enough to outrage you just at the thought of someone behaving in such a manner, let alone when it’s an officer of the law who has sworn to “protect and serve” his community, which was the case in this video. A South Carolina sheriff’s deputy lost his badge after getting drunk and being caught on video in an out of control altercation with a female Marine at a Buffalo Wild Wings location in Columbia.

Deputy Paul Allen Derrick

Back in October, Richland County Deputy Paul Allen Derrick tried to make an advance on a Fort Jackson Marine named Brittany Ball. When 23-year-old Ball rejected the aggressive deputy’s attempts, he became enraged. What he did next is enough to make your blood boil.The 14-year veteran of the force left the building to retrieve his gun and handcuffs out of his vehicle, only to return and attempt to arrest the visibly upset woman. When onlookers saw what was happening, they broke out their cell phones and recorded Derrick twisting and yanking Ball around by her arms, which were handcuffed behind her back, while screaming at her and barking commands.
    In the video Derrick can be heard shouting “STAND UP!” and “SIT DOWN!” even with others in the restaurant protesting what he was doing. At one point in the video, Derrick can even be seen placing his arm around Ball’s neck and resting his hand on her right breast.

As the altercation was taking place, other customers told the deputy that he had “crossed the line” and needed to let Ball go, but it was to no avail as the enraged man seemed determined he was going to punish his defenseless victim for rejecting him. A few men even approached Derrick in an attempt to get him to calm down. He threatened to arrest them and shouted, “You wanna get an attitude? STEP AWAY!”
    According to the official report, Derrick handcuffed Ball, pulled her to her feet, then slammed her head on a metal table before Columbia Police arrived and diffused the situation. After speaking to witnesses and watching the video, they charged Derrick with assault and battery and took him into custody.
    Initially, Richmond County Sheriff Leon Lott backed his deputy and said that Derrick had the authority to make an arrest because Ball was “resisting,” however after public outrage Lott placed him on leave without pay.

Brittany Ball

After reviewing the case with Columbia Police and the District Attorney’s office, Lott permanently relieved Derrick of his duties as deputy, saying he was “angry” and “disgusted” that a law enforcement officer would ever behave that way.“There’s absolutely no excuse for his behavior and what he did that night.”
    Agreed, and such an incident begs the question of at what point in such an altercation should civilians intervene and stop the brutality? Fortunately in this case Ball escaped with only minor injuries, but what if it had escalated? While these cases are rare, had someone tried to help Ball they would have probably been arrested as well, and the mere threat is enough to keep people at bay while giving power-hungry cops carte blanche on physical force.

Make sure you share this story if you agree that we as civilians deserve better than this from those tasked with protecting us.

- – - Don’t forget to “like” me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter! – - -

http://madworldnews.com/video-drunk-...female-marine/