Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WHY IS THIS RECESSION SO SERIOUS?

WHY IS THIS RECESSION SO SERIOUS?

By Dr. Laurie Roth
    January 9, 2009
    NewsWithViews.com

The only way to save the U.S. now is to suck it up, remind ourselves who we are and what we stand for, and realize that this very serious economic downfall will most likely be in our face and pocket books for several years, bail outs or not!

Why is this recession so serious? What is different with this one and the last several?

Over the last several decades of recessions and down turns we at least had a manufacturing base, growing productivity, and borrowing would occur against productivity that was building, not disappearing. Most of our industries weren’t employing thousands of people in South America, Mexico, India or China, or even worse, taking their headquarters there. Now they are.

Paul Roberts, former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan administration talks about how it doesn’t work anymore to stimulate consumer demand by lowering interest rates. People still won’t buy because this time around their debt is too high, homes are gone or going away and jobs are shaky.

The International Seduction and Globalism has all but killed us!

With manufacturing disappearing, U.S. corporations selling out for cheap labor abroad, thus betraying our own work force, and American consumers buying a ton overseas it is really hard to stimulate with a bail out more people back to work. Hundreds of thousands of the great jobs are now overseas!

We are becoming a dependent nation for products and industry rather than a leader nation which we have always been.

Why is this recession so bad and different? With all the peeling off our own skin regarding manufacturing, sending thousands of corporations and jobs overseas, and continuing the cult of more and more debt via Government and our personal habits, we have no where left to go. We have almost killed our self.

Other contributors to our economic nightmare

The New World Order crowd has been pushing for an international, Unitarian type power arrangement regarding countries and their money supplies since the early 70s. In fact one of the New World Order ‘gods’ Henry Kissinger just recently came out and said that Obama had the perfect setting for the establishment of “a New World Order.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We are becoming a dependent nation for products and industry rather than a leader nation which we have always been.

Come on this is what they wanted all along.
    Gives them controll!
    Why else would they change the laws on imports and exports.
    Helping underdeveloped countries my butt!
    How many of these small countries products do you see on the shelves?
    Mostly cheap junk China made.
    Make laws for the exporters tougher in our own country to compete?
    Take the Almond growers, passing laws for the growers to use poison to treat the Almonds. No other countries want our Almonds exported to them. So there goes that market~ Because of these stupid laws!

Tax incentives for manufacturing firms to move overseas....what kind of policy is that?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I want to mention this, I can remember when EVERY part on a car was buily RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA! My FIRST car was a 1964 Chevy Impala... IT WAS BUILT COMPLETELY IN AMERICA.
    That "Bailout" money should have gone for STARTUP costs... To begin Building these parts right here in America! Raise the Tarriffs on ALL FOREIGN PRODUCTS... And TELL THE EPA they are on THIN ICE!!!
    Also this... Bring the word TREASON out of the closet, dust it off, and START USING IT!!!! Our Goverment IS CORRUPT! LOBBIST are CORRUPT!
    Please tell me what is it going to take to get the American People PISSED OFF enough they will do something?
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

What if we can’t compete with all the cheap labor in the world???
    We can't compete with all the cheap labor because we are competing with 3rd world countries with no human rights, or any of the other things we have strived to make better.....countries who do not have laws and protections for basic human rights, safety, children rights....nothing. You either bring them up or drag us down and for right now, they seem content to dragging us down. Keep the peasants clammoring for basic survival needs amongst themselves and the elite can can go on without any interference.

I say that because so many of our laws set up for making sure those standards are protected are being un-enforced and unless it's SO blatent, get off scott free or with nothing too much more serious than a slap on the wrist. The whole time chastizng the people for being cold hearted or racist or greedy when they want them enforced. They have muddied the water to make it seem ok. Like lets just look at Blago's appointment for Senate.....people aren't upset exactly by the choice, but who's made the appointment and the potential for questionable corruption. Which has turned into.....you're racist if you don't go along with it. It costs too much money for a bankrupt state to have a special election to give people a chance to vote. I mean geeze, this could end up in taking food out of a babies mouth or cutting aid for the elderly or something just because you won't go along and let a black guy in. There's LOTS of issues here, where they have postponed any action till the very last crutial minute, left it to where time and such has not allowed for a reasonable decision by saying it's "legal" because he hasn't had a trial yet, and then hurry up and rush to a decision when the water is so muddied it keeps peoples mind off the real issues and makes it appear to be another. Timing is everything I guess and it's just a slight of hand to trick you into something before you have a chance to see what's really happening.

Same thing with illegals and everything else going on. Poor people just want a job on down the line.....and then doing everything in their power to make you not notice what all else is going on under your nose.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wall Street, government and America corporations have basically destroyed the middle class in America, the desire for larger and larger profits mostly for a few at the top of the pyramid has caused a system so unfair to the American worker no matter what families do they will still be in trouble.

Uncontrolled immigration, outsourcing, loss of manufacturing, unfair trade practices do make money for those at the top, middle class and below simply you will suffer.

Greed is more important to these people then patriotism, they view it as a joke and the religion of the lower class. In order to keep the money train running they must convince you a cheap toaster, or other from China will provide a great benefit to you the struggling American.

Basically it seems to me those in power have decide it would be best to bring the American worker down to world standards, a level paying field but in truth it will simply destroy our country,if anyone feels that other countries care for America your misinformed or naive and sad to say our government appears to be working with the rest of the world rather then help us and I see no difference "so far" with the incoming administration.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

This is what I can't understand,the idiots in dc want to keep giving out bailout money so that credit gets freed up so that people can do what? Go out and buy products made in China? Seems every one is missing the real problem here and that is the fact that we don't make anything in this country any more and all the so called high tech jobs are being out sourced.Does it take a genius to figure that out?
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotofPast
    I want to mention this, I can remember when EVERY part on a car was buily RIGHT HERE IN AMERICA! My FIRST car was a 1964 Chevy Impala... IT WAS BUILT COMPLETELY IN AMERICA.
    That "Bailout" money should have gone for STARTUP costs... To begin Building these parts right here in America! Raise the Tarriffs on ALL FOREIGN PRODUCTS... And TELL THE EPA they are on THIN ICE!!!
    Also this... Bring the word TREASON out of the closet, dust it off, and START USING IT!!!! Our Goverment IS CORRUPT! LOBBIST are CORRUPT!
    Please tell me what is it going to take to get the American People PISSED OFF enough they will do something?
    I only wish I knew, my fear is it will be when it is far too late to do anything.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justonehero
    This is what I can't understand,the idiots in dc want to keep giving out bailout money so that credit gets freed up so that people can do what? Go out and buy products made in China? Seems every one is missing the real problem here and that is the fact that we don't make anything in this country any more and all the so called high tech jobs are being out sourced.Does it take a genius to figure that out?
    I am giving you a standing ovation for a statement well said.

Does it take a genius to figure that out?
    LOL.....as my Dad would say....just an ounce of common sense which obviously is in short supply. If that makes us geniuses, then I guess we are. Most of what they do defies all logic and common sense. Even some which just might work, IF strictly adhered to, they leave loopholes in big enough for train to drive through to sabatoge it.

It's nothing but guarenteed destruction under the quise of trying to do something.

Funny, but in a normal world, some of these thought patterns would be considered a serious mental illness in need of treatment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast