Mavi wrote:

I don't know folks...They (the people who set up the number) may be counting the calls made to that number...but the Senators are counting something else. If all that is being counted is the phone call you wouldn't need to speak to anyone on the other line and they would not be reminding people of what they need to say when the Senator's office is finally on the line.
and

Also, if we're going to get technical...what about all the times I've tried to call and can't get through because the voice mails are full???? Those are calls too! They just didn't get logged in.
Im pretty sure you're right!
But, I agree with Costamesa, who wrote:

I still believe the numbers are on our side...so just abandon the 800 numbers...keep calling, emailing and faxing our Senators in the traditional way...and we should still out weigh the opposition!
Right now I'm still trying to digest that story about the empty boxes that "allegedly" contained the 1 million pro-amnesty letters. I'm aslo scratching my head and wondering if all those "non-profits" who are "allegedly" seperating the "real" letters for distribution to the appropriate representatives are verifying social security numbers, addresses, or any other meaningful form of identity. Are they using spanish interpreters too? I mean what real relevance do those letters have if they are from non-voting illegal "constituents"? Maybe they each enclosed a campaign contribution along with a list of their concerns???