Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

20 million chickens may have eaten tainted feed

Poultry must be assessed by government before it’s processed, USDA says
    Updated: 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

The U.S. Agriculture Department said on Friday as many as 20 million chickens currently on U.S. farms in several states may have been fed contaminated feed.

A USDA official said the birds must be held until the government can complete a risk assessment to determine if they can be processed. The results could come as early as Monday.

The birds were among those believed to have been given contaminated feed with pet food containing melamine, a chemical used in plastics and fertilizer. It is uncertain how many chickens have been processed.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18496438/

Jesus! How many pregnant mothers in America have eaten this poison???

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If anyone thinks it's only a FEW STATES, I've got a bridge for sale

ALL IMPORTS FROM CHINA MUST BE STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!!!

Anyone up for a MAJOR round of DEMANDS for Congress this coming week?

No speeches, no talk, nothing but absolute DEMANDS for ALL Chinese Imports STOPPED NOW!

** If you're up to it, I'll put it together for us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

No speeches, no talk, nothing but absolute DEMANDS for ALL Chinese Imports STOPPED NOW!

Count me in!

They're trying to kill us all! I eat organic Belle and Evans Chicken. I'm hoping this brand is ok.

Why the hell was recalled pet food allowed to be fed to chickens and hogs anyway?

If the same food was given to "layers," those eggs are already on the grocery shelves.

Some pet food, while unsuitable for sale for that purpose, was still considered safe for livestock to eat. Its use at hog farms raised the possibility that melamine entered the human food supply.

The risk to human health posed by the chemical is considered very low. The University of California, Davis, is developing a test to measure melamine levels in tissue, Andrews said.
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/04/26/me ... index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis

I am absolutely up for it! I don't know what the heck is safe to buy my family to eat anymore! Can't eat fresh veggies, now no chicken or eggs or pork????
    This is insane....Is anyone out there with authority awake?

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Count me in Sis. Up here we have Foster Farms chickens. Not sure how or what they are fed. Hope it is all ok as we just ate one the other night.

It is high time to end imports of all food products from China. I might say indefinitely as it seems their standards and ours simply may never match up.

The thing that is scaring me right now is that off and on, my own family, and my daughters roommate (they share meals), and some others we know of have had stomach issues. We had thought that it has been some late season bug, which it still could be, but this all makes me start wondering a lot....
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PLEASE REMEMBER!!

Baby Bibs from China with LEAD IN THEM!!!

It is insane to import food from a country we know would like to see nothing better than our demise. I heard the other day that we only inspect 2 percent of the food imported into this country. What about the remaining 98 percent? This is frightening, and must be stopped before we are all dead! We don't know what we are eating anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast