Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

3 cheers for the 5 Democratic Senators

I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to all the Senators who voted this Turkey down, but especially the Dems. To that end, I emailed each of them and thanked them for their courage. If you have a mind to do the same, I have listed their names, states and websites below.
    No doubt they are getting a lot of hate mail today. A little encouragement couldn't hurt.
    You can click on their URL, go to "Contact me" and offer a short note of thanks.

The five Democrats who voted against the DREAM act:

Kay Hagan of North Carolina http://hagan.senate.gov/?p=home
    Mark Pryor of Arkansas http://pryor.senate.gov/public/
    Ben Nelson of Nebraska http://bennelson.senate.gov/
    Jon Tester of Montana http://tester.senate.gov/
    Max Baucus of Montana http://baucus.senate.gov/

West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin announced his opposition to the DREAM Act Saturday in a statement Saturday but missed the vote, stating a seemingly weak excuse about family obligations.

Three Republicans crossed party lines to vote for the bill:

Richard Lugar of Indiana
    Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
    Bob Bennett of Utah
    No amnesty until the border is secured... then no amnesty.

Thanks, that's a good recommendation. I think the conservative Democratic Congressman have a harder road to follow.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"THE HERO'S OF THE DAY!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You ae right fatfenders & thanks for the list. I think I have the strength to write 4 more emails.

It is important to write Senator Sessions a Thank You too which I just sent.He has been our true Champion thru this mess.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

JAK
    Yes, we need to thank them for their support...
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thanks for the list,

Thanks for the list.

Will do. And for sure, thank Sen. Sessions!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

I sent a brief letter of thanks to the five Democratic senators, maybe they know principle, patriotism, and rule of law for an orderly society do matter.

Absolutely will send emails to all of them.

Let's face it folks, we know most Republicans share our viewpoint on issues like this. We need to give these Democrats the support and thanks they deserve, and let them know we appreciate their patriotism.
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Banned
    I'm just glad there are some politicians out there willing to listen to the people on both sides. I thank these dems for stepping up for their people rather then following the top of their party which went against what the voters and citizens of our country want.

Its a sad day that we are in when politicians on both sides choose side based on political careers vs choosing sides based on what their legal constituents want.

We managed to get past this one travesty of a bill at least for now. However we still need to win the fight which is putting the agenda back in the hands of the Americans who this government is sword to protect and uphold the interests of. This is not a republican agenda or a democrat agenda but an agenda of the American people. Both sides are corrupt with only a handful on each actually listening to their constituents rather then listening to their political careers. I find myself disgusted with the idea of being a republican or a democrat if it means we have to side with these political power squabbles.

This vote to throw out the dream act should have not even gotten one single vote without at least closing the border securely first. But there are fights on the other side of the aisle that are also just that the Rep side have stood in the way of as well.

Fixing immigration issues in the US means also fixing our trashed political system that is rampant with corruption with politicians spread across all sides pushing personal agenda's vs their constituent agenda's.

Los Angeles 'Little Mexico and El salvador hotspot'
    They are true patriots who have seen the light.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast