Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ahhhhh, poor babies!

Seems the GOP's Open Borders caucus is going to face some criticism back home.....

All together now, "Ahhhhhhhh"

As supporters of the Senate’s comprehensive immigration reform bill continue to mourn its collapse this week, key Republican backers must also brace for potentially stinging political repercussions from their party’s base.

HERE's THE LINK .... Interesting

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0607/4738.html

April
    [quote]“Immigration is one of those issues that is going to stick with a candidate for a long period of time," Towery said. "It replaced abortion, which was the litmus test to see if you were a real Republican. Now it seems the immigration bill is the new litmus test.â€

Here's the whole story from the link:

[quote]Immigration bill’s fallen soldiers

By: Josh Kraushaar
    Jun 30, 2007 08:52 AM EST

Republicans who supported the immigration legislation are now faced with the backlash of their party’s base.
    Photo by AP

As supporters of the Senate’s comprehensive immigration reform bill continue to mourn its collapse this week, key Republican backers must also brace for potentially stinging political repercussions from their party’s base.

Here’s a look at the fallout for congressional Republicans (not named McCain) most adversely impacted by the defeat of one of the Bush administration’s key domestic priorities:

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham Like Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), Graham has styled himself as a maverick during his first term in the Senate. He helped draft the compromise immigration legislation and was one of its most outspoken backers.

And like McCain, his approval ratings have dipped since he took up immigration reform as a key issue. In a poll conducted in June, Graham scored just a 31 percent approval rating among South Carolina voters. More Republicans (45 percent) than Democrats (32 percent) disapproved of his performance.

The poll was conducted by InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion and surveyed 790 South Carolina voters on June 18 and 19.

Graham’s campaign questions the poll’s methodology but admits that the immigration bill has been unpopular throughout the state, particularly among Republicans.

Graham has drawn sharp criticism from conservative talk show hosts and the Republican faithful. Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh has referred to Graham as “Lindsey Grahamnesty,â€

[quote="April"][quote]“Immigration is one of those issues that is going to stick with a candidate for a long period of time," Towery said. "It replaced abortion, which was the litmus test to see if you were a real Republican. Now it seems the immigration bill is the new litmus test.â€

Graham and Menedez are finished and they know it. So are alot of other Senators.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Graham and Menedez are finished and they know it. So are alot of other Senators.
    Graham has me worried. If you check out that article I posted he has a lot of money and the SCGOP still has not gotten it's act together on a primary opponent. They don't have a lot of time.

Now, what I do know is that the outrage in SC is fierce. That might just make Lindsay's money useless...

Of all of them, this is the guy I want to see defeated the most.

we should take the names of each senator etc who supported the bill and get some ction going against them in their states - if we make their records on immigration clear to all who would support them, that will reduce their chances.

Is tehre a way to get the senators who dont come up for re-election until later? I mean a way to get them out now??

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenBob
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciprocity
    Now, what I do know is that the outrage in SC is fierce. That might just make Lindsay's money useless...
    Bob, you hit the nail on the head. I have NEVER seen this level of outrage.

Lindsey's money.......

Fred Barnes and Mort Kondracke were calling Lindsay Graham a "hero" on the Beltway Boys this past weekend. You could tell they were pretty peeved that the "vocal base"--you know, those ignorant rubes who don't know what's in America's best interest-- were able to sway their Senate members. I sent them an email letting them know that indulging in fantasies and wishful thinking won't change the reality that the majority of Americans opposed this bill---even if they weren't contacting their senators. I've never seen such bad sports.

Invest your money in the Candiate with the voting record and not for a party.

Secondly, a lot of money doesn't win every election, votes do. If a candidate you are in opposition to has a huge war chest, then you need to be talking up his opponent to a lot of people for free. Volunteer for your candidates campaign. Don't let big money discourage you.

Money doesn't get you elected, voters do.

Also, a little free press can get you knocked out of a race in a heart beat, with a little bad press. One expose and your campaign is done for.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast