Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    Good Point Miguelina.

Are these people really that ignorant? Do we need these kind of people in America?

ARe the jobs they are doing, without paying taxes, worth it? Do they burn down houses and entire complexes in their countries?

What does this cost in insurance claims for the slum lord??

Not to me.
    No, we do not need this in the US. And this sort of nonsense has been going on for decades. When I lived in TX in the 80s there were alot of immigrants from SE Asia, mostly Vietnam. They were constantly setting homes and apartments on fire because instead of cooking in the kitchen they would set up a hibachi grill in the middle of the living room, with predictable results. It seems like a fair number of them really never adjust to life in the US. Look at the Hmong tribes in Wisconsin and Minnesota, they have been here forever and have not assimilated at all.

The complexes where the Mexican Illegals live near me, have dryers and washers outside on the porch with extension cords, TVs on the porches, you name it.

It is crazy. You would think they would care about their own safety, if not others.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    Good Point Miguelina.

Are these people really that ignorant? Do we need these kind of people in America?

ARe the jobs they are doing, without paying taxes, worth it? Do they burn down houses and entire complexes in their countries?

What does this cost in insurance claims for the slum lord??

Not to me.
    I don't think the jobs they ARE doing are worth it....The big problem is that Americans have become so used to using those services and businesses that are staffed by illegals it will be a huge change to do without them. I stopped for gas this morning--an illegal alien pumped the gas, because our state will not allow self service. I had no time to fix breakfast because I am working long hours, so stopped at a convenience mart and the clerk was IA. After work I stopped for a burger and guess what? Business people traveling insist on clean rooms and changed linen. With upward mobility so firmly fixed in the American psyche we have always relied on some type of underclass to do the arduous chores.

But I have no doubt that we could do without a lot of those services they are now providing..but it would require some big changes of habit. We have discussed those possiblities in other discusiions on this board.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Change is inevidable, eventually some businesses will start changing and either doing without or hiring citizens.
    It will get to a point where other have to follow suit.
    They'll either go with the flow or get left behind.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    What's really pathetic about this is that they are suing and winning millions...for being STUPID!!!

There was a story posted on here some time ago about a family who lost 6 kids? They had disabled the smoke alarms in the apartment, were using candles for lighting (power had been turned off), 10 kids and 2 women in the apartment. They sued and got 6 MILLION bucks! Like WTH!?! I don't know about you, but I get nervous with ONE candle and ONE kid running around!

Whatever happened to accepting responsibility for your own stupidity?!?
    Are you freaking serious??? I heard about this case. It was all their own doing, wasn't it. I think the electricity got turned off because they didn't pay. That's what happens. I just cannot believe this story, it's insanity. So who had to pay, the city? Why????
    I think landlords are forced to rent to people they don't want in their buildings, but can't discriminate (that's such a bad word these days). If you own the property, I think you should be able to pick and choose whoever you want. If you don't want unmarrieds, or tatooed freaks with nose rings - that's your business. Now I'm angry.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

My goodness, I hadn't heard about the candles and the $6M!!

But really who's stupid? Maybe us and the fact that we have allowed an immigation system to get in such a mess and our judicial system to get to the point this could even be filed in court.

Yes, we are (well, were) an upwardly mobile society, but we have always had maids to clean motels, and people to work in restaurants and fast food. They were just Americans who did this. A lot of teenagers did the fast food bit.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

you're right. It drives me crazy when aliens are able to sue and come away with big bucks for whatever reason. It seems to me we shoud have a system that says citizens have more rights than you do. It appears to be the opposite. The dems keep saying "the system is broken" well sure, you damn well broke it.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

There's been a few times when illegals have sued for getting cut by the fence when coming over the Border.
    ------------------------

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Up here when it gets cold, the illegals DO NOT use their heat at all. Instead they will use the heat from their cooking only. By summer, their windows are so coated with mold, and there ismildew all over the walls in the units they live in (mold can be a HUGE issue up here).

As well, there have been numerous fires in complexes all over out town due to illegals trying to use their BBQ (like a Hibachi sized one) on their stove top with just the fan going, and/or next to their patio doors (like right on the dining room floor with the door cracked).

As well another issue is that they will use either a generator inside, or a propane heater inside with no ventilation and next thing you hear is they have killed themselves and their children (which is so terribly sad and so preventable). I have seen the woman here kneeled on their dining room floors with their heads sticking out of the back onto the patio to cook dinner as they have no power, or simply do not want the electric bill.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To the original poster-just this week I have been talking with family about the unusually high number of house/apartment fires due to candles here in the DC area.I am not kidding there has been probably 5 in the last two weeks.As to whether they are IAs couldn't say- the news never gives any report on legal status.

Rawhide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12