Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arkansas Legislation Alert Cigarette Tax/Trauma Center

For those of you in Arkansas, I got this alert from Secure Arkansas, the cigarette tax. It is my feeling that the trauma centers will be abused by the illegal immigrant population here, and unfairly tax one segment of the population. If they pass this tax, what is next? a tax on McDonalds because of the obesity epidemic. When I spoke with Jeannie from Secure Arkansas, she said it was the republicans of Northwest Arkansas that were the ones saying they are not hearing from their constituents.

I for one am tired of my tax dollars paying for others free medical, but it is appauling to tax one segment of the population to pay for people who aren't even here legally. Hope this makes sense I am just too angry to edit.

http://www.securearkansas.com/Alerts/default.html

Re: Arkansas Legislation Alert Cigarette Tax/Trauma Center

Quote Originally Posted by rmsings
    For those of you in Arkansas, I got this alert from Secure Arkansas, the cigarette tax. It is my feeling that the trauma centers will be abused by the illegal immigrant population here, and unfairly tax one segment of the population. If they pass this tax, what is next? a tax on McDonalds because of the obesity epidemic. When I spoke with Jeannie from Secure Arkansas, she said it was the republicans of Northwest Arkansas that were the ones saying they are not hearing from their constituents.

I for one am tired of my tax dollars paying for others free medical, but it is appauling to tax one segment of the population to pay for people who aren't even here legally. Hope this makes sense I am just too angry to edit.

http://www.securearkansas.com/Alerts/default.html
    I am not from Arkansas, but I fully agree. I also keep in mind when they fund something solely on cigarette taxes that one of two things will happen. Either people will quit smoking and then they will raise the taxes on everyone to fund it or they will recruit more smokers from our youth. I feel that funding by cigarette taxes should be a huge red flag for everyone.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

rmsings... I see you are angry as many Americans are. We have a governmment that is unresponsive to the NEEDS and CONCERNS of its own citizens. It panders to a people that are in this country illegally and on top of that THEY REWARD THEM

As far as a tax on cigarettes or a SIN TAX They have found themselves a GOLDEN COW. They have been fighting over the money they get from these cigarette companies for years now. But that is wrong to use it for paying the MEDICAL FEES FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS. SIMPLY WRONG.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou