Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Before you punish Arizona, spend a day near the Mexican bord

Before you punish Arizona, spend a day near the Mexican border

THE BOSTON City Council is clueless (“Council calls for a boycott of Arizona,’’ Metro, May 6). I live less than 10 miles from the Mexican border. I moved here from Maine. Near my home is a route for illegal immigrants to enter Arizona. On many occasions the Border Patrol helicopter flies over the house, rattling windows and shining its searchlight in the yard. In March rancher Robert Krentz was killed on his own land. The day before, eight illegal immigrants were arrested with 280 pounds of marijuana on that ranch. A Pinal County sheriff’s deputy reportedly was ambushed by drug traffickers. He was shot with an assault rifle.

This month my wife heard and saw two Spanish-speaking men in our backyard, looking in the windows. She fled the house. I had to use my own .45 pistol to clear my own house and ensure it was safe to enter.

And you judge us. I wear a gun everywhere I go. People on remote ranches answer the door with rifles in their hands. And you dare tell us not to enforce the law.

Wise up, people. It’s not drug violence in Mexico; it’s drug violence on the border, both north and south of it. Try becoming informed instead of just being opinionated.

Tim Woodard
    Sierra Vista, Ariz.
    The writer is a retired Army lieutenant colonel.

www.boston.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That is the reality. And it's not just on the borders. It's everywhere they go after they cross the borders. The ones who live in gated communities who serve on the city councils are stupid sell outs. Hey! I know what we should do ... we should ban gated communities in America and boycott every state that hasn't passed such a law.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn