Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bigotry and southern racial prejudice

I am a descendent of William Brewster of Plymouth. Most here have ancestors that my family would welcome as immigrants.

Second, my wife is a Latin American that was BORN in The US. Her father worked for the CIA. I was a Navy Officer. All of our children serve in the militray. My son is an Army Lieutenant in Infantry in Afganistan. One daughter is a Seargent in the Florida Army National Guard and has delpoyed to Iraq. My last daughter is a USAF officer JAG.

My wife looks Latin. She works in Alamance County North Carolina. Twice she has been detained by police in North Carolina only to have her NC diriver's license checked for validity.

Do not support the Sherriff bigot of Alamance County. Doing so, you tarnish your image. His kind belongs in a totatitarian state somewhere, not here.

Police detain Latin LEGAL immigrants and even those that were born here.

AE

I have read a little about this county, but I live on the far west coast, where I am somewhat removed from this.

I would have to say that if there is an issue with their office detaining people, and it seems unlawful, then you should have some recourse to take, so that they better their own training to handle themselves in a more appropriate and decent manner if they are not at this time.

I would have to say that if your wife was stopped for some reason (brake light out..etc..) but no red flags go up in their system when her license was checked as usual then they have no reason to detain her further, I would talk to someone with legal knowledge about it, and see what needs to be done, you might just have one rogue officer working with his/her own mindset about the situation and needs to be handled.

Good luck on this, I hope you can find the means to resolve it.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

all drivers are detained for a few minutes when the police do a background check to make sure one has no outstanding warrants and after that are usually let go.

as far as your bigot comment goes. i think thats way off base.
    they are doing their job. too bad if you dont like it

Mayflowerdescendant,Welcome to Alipac.

You have an impressive family tree.My family to has been here so long I consider myself a "Heinz Variety" and could claim many ethnic groups in my family tree.

If your wife is being singled out then that is wrong but I must say I have been stopped several times for a variety of reasons such as no tail light,border patrol search and one time I was held at gun point by the police for 2 hrs. because my car fit the description of a felons car.

Every time my ID,including my drivers license was checked,the only time I was upset was when they held me at gun point although later I realized what other choice did the police have since they may have been facing a dangerous felon.

Just make sure you are not listening to and being swayed in your thinking by the rhetoric of pro IA's who are attempting to stop the enforcement of our Immigration laws by screaming "Racism" even though people of all ethnic groups get stopped by the police and the police ALWAYS check drivers license no matter who you are.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

It is a shame about your wife, I have said illegal immigration hurts Hispanic-Americans and legal Hispanic's the most...it makes it so hard when the majority of illegal aliens are from Mexico, central and so. America.

There for you should be fighting against illegal immigration and supporting the police to help get it stopped so your wife doesn't and other innocent Mexican Americans don't suffer for the sins of illegals.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I look like a Mayflower descendant, and I have also been stopped for the same reason, to check my license.

Maybe I should bring charges against the officer because he was not as white as me?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well I wish my Sherriff would do more and I support any law enforcement officer that enforces THE LAW ! I have been stopped alot of times for different reasons and you know what if you have nothing to hide they don't keep you very long and at least you know your tax dollars are actually being used for something thats needed ! Instead of being in those politicians deep pockets
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Welcome! And I have to agree with SoSad. The mass of illegals from Latin America and Mexico have put a black mark on legal immigrants and citizens of that ethnicity. I have been stopped many times for little driving infractions (once on the way to the garage to get the fuses replaced for the lights). If I am out late enough on the road, especially on a weekend night, sometimes I head through checkpoints set up for DUI's. So what! I have encountered these 20 years and counting, and I appreciate them so that I won't get hit by some unlicensed, uninsured drunk before I get home, who got drunk because he/she has no job, is here illegally and has a few outstanding warrants.
    I wouldn't be outraged at the police as these are the guys who are not paid nearly enough to put their lives on the line every day.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

ELE

You do have a proud heritage. Impressive.

I live on the east coast in a Sanctuary City. The police here stop legal citizens for as much as jay walking and allow the illegals to get away with just about any crime a legal citizen would be thrown in jail for..........if per chance an illegal is stopped many in law enforcement just let them go because they don't want the city to incur the cost and/or they don't want to do all of the paper work involved in arresting them and contacting ICE. I know for a fact that my allegations are true.

I don't endorse bigotry or cruelty of any kind however, I am sick of people using the race card when it doesn't really apply to the situation. In the case of your wife, I don't know if it was a series of routine checks or if she was indeed profiled.

Also the truth of the matter is that most of the illegals in our country come from Mexico, and are not blond hair and blue eyed, and so it is often difficult to know if someone with those physical characteristis is here legally or not, unless, law enforcement asks them.

I find the title of this thread to be bigotry!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast