Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ELE

We are all Americans let's not dwell on race issues.

I think you made a fair point Hell2 pay. It does seem that the South gets unfairly accused of being bigots because of their history as slave owners.
    Interestingly when people point to the South's history of being slave owners, it was largely the North that sold them the slaves. And some of the most brutal sellers of slaves were black traders. All were part of the sadistic reality of the day.

Now. Americans of all races are slaves of the government that has sold us to Mexico. So we must not get caught up in race issues and come together to help our precious America!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for your service and for your childrn as well.

I'm part American Indian so my decendants have been here longer.

I've been pulled over by police and detained before. They checked my ID and let me go. They thought I was someone they were out to find on a warrant hunt because we drove the same kind of car. To say they profile because of race is pure speculation. And the officer that pulled me over must have been a total screw up because the suspect they were looking for was another race and male, which I'm neither. They still ran my ID, which is fine with me because I don't have anything to hide.

Yea, I'm sure they could tell a driver is Hispanic/Latino from the back of their head through two dirty windshields, window tenting, safe driving distance of at least 30 feet... Oh, and they pull people over if they are hanging out in high crime areas too. I bet she was also issued a verbal warning about something.

Besides, maybe your wife drives like a bat out of hell when you are not in sight.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, the North sold slaves to the South, but the North also kept slaves for their own purposes. The North was not shy about utilizing slave labor.

It just seems very strange to complain about bigotry while singling out an entire region of people to commit bigotry against.

The way the title is worded; one could easily replace the word “southernâ€

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I have been stopped many times for little driving infractions (once on the way to the garage to get the fuses replaced for the lights).
    That reminds me, another time I was stopped for a burned out brake light.

I asked the officer, "Here I have a spare light bulb (showed it to him), just let me pop it in". "No sit in the car" was his reply! He wrote the ticket, I immediately changed the bulb, then drove two blocks to the Police station and paid my $10 fine.

Was it because I am white and the officer was Hispanic that he didn't let me change the bulb, which would have taken less time and cost the city less than him writing a ticket?

April
    Besides, maybe your wife drives like a bat out of hell when you are not in sight.

Dixie

Re: Bigotry and southern racial prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by mayflowerdescendent
    I am a descendent of William Brewster of Plymouth. Most here have ancestors that my family would welcome as immigrants.

Second, my wife is a Latin American that was BORN in The US. Her father worked for the CIA. I was a Navy Officer. All of our children serve in the militray. My son is an Army Lieutenant in Infantry in Afganistan. One daughter is a Seargent in the Florida Army National Guard and has delpoyed to Iraq. My last daughter is a USAF officer JAG.

My wife looks Latin. She works in Alamance County North Carolina. Twice she has been detained by police in North Carolina only to have her NC diriver's license checked for validity.

Do not support the Sherriff bigot of Alamance County. Doing so, you tarnish your image. His kind belongs in a totatitarian state somewhere, not here.

Police detain Latin LEGAL immigrants and even those that were born here.

I think what I would do if you seriously feel racial profiling was used in detaining your wife, then I would hire an attorney and file a law suit.

Now, my wife Mrs. BigTex not only looks latin, she is. Born and raised in South America and immigrated here LEGALLY out of choice. Now a citizen of the USA out of choice. Not once has my wife been treated unfairly by any member of any police force.

However, she is ashamed at the thought that she might be associated with the illegal alien criminals who have taken over Houston just because she looks LATIN and speaks Spanish. So she works just like the rest of us do to help rid this country of all of the illegal aliens that have taken over the whole country. Illegal aliens have given all Hispanics, those who look Hispanic, those who speak Spanish and those who have immigrated here LEGALLY a bad reputation.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I appreciate the job law enforcement does in protecting the public.Trying to be politically correct hinders their ability to protect the public.I don't mind them checking my license often and ld feel less safe if they failed to do so.

April
    Texas and Rhode Island NEED OUR HELP!!! Please join in!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-898358.html#898358

Good advice bigtex!
    I think what I would do if you seriously feel racial profiling was used in detaining your wife, then I would hire an attorney and file a law suit.
    Don't come to ALIPAC and complain, hire a lawyer instead.

Dixie

I hope "Mayflowerdescendant" is reading the articles posted here about IA's murdering old women,raping women,shooting citizens,killing citizens while driving without license who many times have be caught before for DUI but let go etc.Also he should check out OJJCC.Org site to see all the heinous crimes commited by IA's.

Sure we have citizens who kill other citizens but these tragedies could have been prevented IF our immigration laws were enforce !

No wonder Americans are angry.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast