Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bill O'Reilly apparently doesn't know the anchor baby rules

O.K. I am totally ignorant on this myself, but O'Reilly was having a discussion just now on anchor babies and how American's don't like the rule that once you are born here you are automatically a Citizen.

I know we have had this discussion before, but this is truly in the Constitution right? Over time, people have twisted what the Constitution really says???

Someone who knows the law and who could put it into words should email O'Reilly to explain that the anchor baby law is truly NOT in the Constitution.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Re: Bill O'Reilly apparently doesn't know the anchor baby ru

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    O.K. I am totally ignorant on this myself, but O'Reilly was having a discussion just now on anchor babies and how American's don't like the rule that once you are born here you are automatically a Citizen.

I know we have had this discussion before, but this is truly in the Constitution right? Over time, people have twisted what the Constitution really says???

Someone who knows the law and who could put it into words should email O'Reilly to explain that the anchor baby law is truly NOT in the Constitution.
    It's in the Constitution, the 14th amendment specifically.

The Constitution says what the Supreme Court says it says. What we think it says is irrelevant.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Thanks, I will look it up and try to word it; then email it to O'Reilly.

Once we get past this shamnesty, this is an issue we all really need to pursue, after the wall, after enforcement, after mass deportation of criminals!!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by alisab
    Thanks, I will look it up and try to word it; then email it to O'Reilly.

Once we get past this shamnesty, this is an issue we all really need to pursue, after the wall, after enforcement, after mass deportation of criminals!!!
    Yes, it would solve a lot of problems to be rid of it.

Unfortunately, the politics of that ever happening are very unlikely.

If you eliminate Illegal immigration you don't have to worry about birth right citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanic_Guy
    If you eliminate Illegal immigration you don't have to worry about birth right citizenship.
    Birthright citizenship doesn't have anything to do with illegal immigration.

Pregnant women from anywhere can apply for a visa, fly into the US, pop out their kid, and they've just created a new US citizen.

It's yet another insane thing that the government allows.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Hispanic_Guy
    Birthright citizenship doesn't have anything to do with illegal immigration.

Pregnant women from anywhere can apply for a visa, fly into the US, pop out their kid, and they've just created a new US citizen.

It's yet another insane thing that the government allows.
    I don't get it isn't that legal migration.........?

I didn't say they were migrating here, I said they get a visa to get into the country to have a baby. After that, they return to wherever they came from, with a new US citizen held in reserve.

well I say we hurry up and make the US a third world turd hole , then no one will want to be an anchor baby

thats the key, though, right? they have to be here legally. if they're not, the arguement is moot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast