Thread: Bob Barr

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bob Barr

I am considering voting for him if he runs as an Independent or a Libertarian in November. His Congressional record on immigration was great - but lately he has become so anti-government that he has opposed some things most of us favor - like what the Hazleton PA mayor was trying to do, etc. Any thoughts on Barr?

Bob Barr

I hear he may be the libertarian candidate . I am going to the LP site and try to see what's up. There was one LP guy I really liked but he was for amnesty and I had a change of opinion. So I'm still looking. If Bob Barr is on target with immigration and the other issues..such as limited government etc...I'll probably vote for him. I can't get on board with the other three.

He sticks too much to the freedom of liberterian policies; however, he does not distinguish when freedoms are granted to illegals at the expense of citizens. The following column pertains to legislation being considered in GA to seize vehicles of illegals caught driving without a license. For those of us in the growing majority who have been hit by an illegal without a license and without insurance, I believe we should confiscate everything we can to reimburse our citizens for their bad actions, to the point of pulling their cellphones and TVs if necessary. Since when is driving a car a right. You can peruse through the rest of his columns to help you decide. These are his words directly, not someone's interpretaiton.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/sha...be_seized.html

[quote="GaPatriot"]He sticks too much to the freedom of liberterian policies; however, he does not distinguish when freedoms are granted to illegals at the expense of citizens. The following column pertains to legislation being considered in GA to seize vehicles of illegals caught driving without a license. For those of us in the growing majority who have been hit by an illegal without a license and without insurance, I believe we should confiscate everything we can to reimburse our citizens for their bad actions, to the point of pulling their cellphones and TVs if necessary. Since when is driving a car a right. You can peruse through the rest of his columns to help you decide. These are his words directly, not someone's interpretaiton.

I tend to agree with you - I have not supported Libertarians in the past, and I probably won't be able to support Barr either.