Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Border Incident

I am watching a movie titled "The Border Incident" right now on TCM channel. This movie was made in 1949!

I am stunned by the prologue that was given before the actual movie started saying things like:

ILLEGAL immigrants believe it or not.

Smugglers and the criminal element on both sides of the border working together to prey on the illegals even back then. Robbing and killing them for their money they earned in the US on their way back to Mexico.

What stunned me even more was during the prologue, they showed a picture of hundreds of Mexicans waiting by the border for their names to be called to be able to cross the border legally to work in the fields. And how this had been a problem for some time. This movie was made in 1949!

Was Mexico ever a good place without corruption so strong that migrants (illegal & legal) clamored in huge crowds hoping for their names to be called to come to the US???

I've read here (and elsewhere) for some time that Mexico is a country of great resources. When did it become necessary for Mexicans to feel the need to migrate to find work and make more than beans? How long has this been going on?

Was Mexico ever a good country to live in?
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

previous post

And they keep telling us that Mexico is our friend. What a Joke that is. Mexico is more of an enemy to the US than Iran every thought of being.
    People are just plain stupid to keep believing what our government is putting out.