Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is Buchanan Supporting McCain?

I watched Pat on Dan Abram's show tonight. It seems that Dan is pitting Pat against other panelists who support Obama. Pat looks to be in the position of supporting McShame. Now, I have absolutely NO problem with Pat bashing Barack (I actually started a thread supporting this) but is Pat really supporting John?? Sometimes Pat reverts back to partisanship. There is really very little that Pat and McShame agree upon. Not the war. Not immigration. Not trade. Is Pat playing Devil's advocate? Is he choosing the lesser of two evils?
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I subscribe to Pat's "American Conservative" magazine, and he's written some really harsh things about McCain, and all the neocons. I would be suprised if he endorsed anybody.

Here's an article called "The madness of John McCain" http://www.amconmag.com/2008/2008_02_11/cover.html . Written By Justin Rainmondo for the magazine.

His magazine endorsed Ron Paul.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Here's another...

This in is authored by Buchanan. Not sounding like Buchanan is on board with anything McCain says.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 64918.html

WASHINGTON -- If John McCain wins the presidency, his comeback -- after the bankrupt debacle his campaign had become in the summer of 2007 with his backing of the amnesty bill -- will be the stuff of legend.

McCain seems to have decided to win by love-bombing the Big Media and putting miles between himself and the base. Consider his "Forgotten Places" tour of last week.

It began in Selma, Ala., where McCain went to Edmund Pettis Bridge to hail John Lewis and the marchers night-sticked and hosed down by the Alabama State Troopers on the Montgomery march for voting rights.

But this is not 1965. Today, Lewis is a big dog in the "No-Whites-Need-Apply!" Black Caucus. The Rev. Jeremiah Wright is sermonizing White America. The Rev. Al Sharpton is trying to shut down the Big Apple. And the fight for equal rights is being led by Ward Connerly.

ith no help from McCain, Connerly is trying to put on five state ballots a civil rights initiative that declares white men are also equal and not to be denied their civil rights because of the color of their skin.

From Selma, McCain went to the Gee's Bend Quilters Collective, where black ladies make the famous blankets. The stop could not but call to mind the hundreds of thousands of textile and apparel jobs in the Carolinas and Georgia lost after NAFTA and Most-Favored Nation trading status for China, both of which McCain enthusiastically supported.

McCain's next stop was Inez, Ky., where LBJ declared war on poverty. But LBJ's war was a politically motivated scheme to shift wealth and power to government, which led to a pathological dependency among America's poor.

McCain then went to New Orleans to backhand President Bush for failing to act swiftly to rescue the victims of Katrina. But the real failure was of the corrupt and incompetent regime of Mayor Ray Nagin and the men of New Orleans, who left 30,000 women and children stranded in a sea of stagnant water.

Then McCain headed up to Youngstown, Ohio, to tell the folks their jobs are never coming back and NAFTA was a sweet deal. But why, when America's mini-mills and steel mills are among the most efficient on Earth, aren't those jobs coming back?

Answer: It is because of the free-trade policies of Bush and McCain, which permit trade rivals to impose value-added taxes of 15 percent to 20 percent on steel imports from the United States while rebating those taxes on steel exports to the U.S. We are getting it in the neck coming and going.

The U.S. government burns its incense at the altar of the Global Economy. The losers are those guys in Youngstown McCain was lecturing on the beauty of NAFTA. And the winners are the CEOs who pull down seven-, eight- and even nine-figure annual packages selling out their country for the corporation.

Does McCain think $6 trillion in trade deficits since NAFTA, a dollar rotting away and 3.5 million manufacturing jobs lost under Bush was all inevitable?

What does a McCain victory mean for conservatives?

Probably a veto on tax hikes and perhaps a fifth justice like Antonin Scalia, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito or John Roberts, to turn two pair into a full house.

But McCain may also mean more Middle East wars, more bellicosity, more manufacturing jobs lost, malingering in the culture wars, and more illegal aliens and amnesty.

In Pennsylvania, thousands of Republicans re-registered to vote as Democrats, and 27 percent of the GOP votes went to Mike Huckabee or Ron Paul. McCain may just stretch this rubber band so far it snaps back in his face.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Buchanan

Pat Buchanan's world view is closest to Ron Pauls. Pat Buchanan said he wasn't going to endorse anyone because he is a political commentator and if he endorsed Ron Paul , people would stop listening to him although he agreed with Ron Paul more than any of them.

MW
    BearFlagRepublic wrote:

Is he choosing the lesser of two evils?
    That would be my guess.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pat Buchanan on Ron Paul

Pat Buchanan is a paleoconservative...Here's what he said about Ron Paul. I don't see him supporting McCain whatsoever.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=peBGJwE9NXo

Pat will be holding his nose pretty tightly if he does vote for McCain.

The Great Betrayal by Patrick J. Buchanan

Year 2008 may prove a defining one for conservatives. For on many of the great issues, McCain has sided as often with the Left and the Big Media as he has with the Right.

Where Bush has been at his best, cutting taxes and nominating conservative judges, McCain has been his nemesis. Not only did he vote twice against the Bush tax cuts, McCain colluded to sell out the most conservative of Bush’s judges....

...Unsurprisingly, Juan Hernandez, the open-borders chatterbox and former adviser to Vicente Fox, has turned up in McCain’s campaign.

On the two issues where Bush has been at his best, taxes and judges, McCain has sided against him. On the three issues that have ravaged the Bush presidency—the misbegotten war in Iraq, the failure to secure America’s borders, and the trade policy that has destroyed the dollar, de-industrialized the country, and left foreigners with $5 trillion to buy up America—McCain has sided with Bush.

Now McCain is running on a platform that says your jobs are not coming back, the illegals are not going home, but we are going to have more wars. If you don’t like it, vote for Hillary.

And this was to be the Year of Change.

http://www.amconmag.com/2008/2008_02_11/buchanan.html
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

MW
    Not really on topic but interesting:

[quote]Domains: Patrick J. Buchanan
    Conservative Stronghold

Interview by EDWARD LEWINE
    Published: September 16, 2007

Morning routine: On a normal morning I get up before 7 a.m. and get my six papers at the end of the driveway. The Mrs. has the coffee on, and we read the papers with MSNBC on the kitchen television. Then I head downstairs to my basement office, where I write.

Ben Stechschulte
    How he wrote speeches: Nixon would tell me what he wanted to say. I’d take notes and write so many drafts that the speech ended up more him than me. With Vice President Spiro Agnew, I’d write it and he’d read it. Reagan would send you most of his material. He was a speechwriter.

Punditry high point: I am proud of the columns I wrote in opposition to the first gulf war. I believed it was a mistake and would lead us into future wars.

Favorite campaign souvenir: I have a sterling silver pitchfork from my 1996 campaign for president. It refers to a speech I made just before winning the New Hampshire Primary, in which I said, “The peasants are coming over the hill with pitchforks.â€

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn