Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: WAIT!

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    Not to worry, Senator McCamnesty just said on TV that he will bring us all together.
    What's he gonna do? Does he have a new brainwashing pill he will force us all to swallow? Or does he plan to take our guns away and then point them at us demanding that we 'all come together'?

"bring us all together".... puhleeze

nope, won't vote for McCain.

Sure, McCain will now try to "reach out" to conservatives as he sees that he still has minimal conservative support, but since he has been winning w/o conservative support, he could care even less about what conservatives want (such as secure borders).

McCain = tax increases, global warming nonsense, amnesty etc. He hasn't changed and will not change.

Now, I hear that McCain is telling his "loudest" conservative critics (such as Rush) to "calm down." This just reinforces my already high negative opinion of him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    nope, won't vote for McCain.

Sure, McCain will now try to "reach out" to conservatives as he sees that he still has minimal conservative support, but since he has been winning w/o conservative support, he could care even less about what conservatives want (such as secure borders).

McCain = tax increases, global warming nonsense, amnesty etc. He hasn't changed and will not change.

Now, I hear that McCain is telling his "loudest" conservative critics (such as Rush) to "calm down." This just reinforces my already high negative opinion of him.
    Totally agree with this post.
    <div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

Re: WAIT!

Quote Originally Posted by lccat
    Not to worry, Senator McCamnesty just said on TV that he will bring us all together.

That snake-in-the-grass isn't bringing me anywhere. I've voted for third party candidates and independents for president, since voting for Bush 41 in '88, and will vote for the Constitution Party candidate this time around.

It's a choice between leprosy and cancer. I could never pull the lever for Hillary, and I don't ever want to not vote...but when push comes to shove, I don't know if I could pull the lever for McCain. It may just come down to a write-in vote for me. I want to think that we have a better chance with an R (albeit a RINO) in office, but maybe that's just pie in the sky.

I will never vote for mcamnesty. No way, ever.

I think we're supposed to calm down now, mcamnesty says so!
    --------

McCain Appeals for GOP Unity
    By CALVIN WOODWARD
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Boosted by his big night, John McCain asked his loudest conservative critics Wednesday to "calm down" and support his Republican presidential candidacy, as Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton girded for more rounds of their protracted struggle for the Democratic nomination. Obama dared claim a "big victory" because he came from so far behind, but the spoils were closely divided and the bragging rights, shared.

McCain was referring primarily to radio talk show hosts and other pundits of the right when he appealed for unity now that he has a leg up in the nomination race.

"I think they've made their case against me pretty eloquently," he said, adding wryly, "if that's the right word." He asserted that the pundits' conservative hero Ronald Reagan _ and his _ reached across the aisle to Democrats just like he wants to do as president.

"I do hope that at some point we would just calm down a little bit and see if there are areas that we can agree on for the good of the party and for the good of the country," he said. The critics argue he's too liberal for the party.

He Sounds Like His GOOD FRIENDS

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaOnMyMind
    I will never vote for mcamnesty. No way, ever.

I think we're supposed to calm down now, mcamnesty says so!
    --------

McCain Appeals for GOP Unity
    By CALVIN WOODWARD
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Boosted by his big night, John McCain asked his loudest conservative critics Wednesday to "calm down" and support his Republican presidential candidacy, as Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton girded for more rounds of their protracted struggle for the Democratic nomination. Obama dared claim a "big victory" because he came from so far behind, but the spoils were closely divided and the bragging rights, shared.

McCain was referring primarily to radio talk show hosts and other pundits of the right when he appealed for unity now that he has a leg up in the nomination race.

"I think they've made their case against me pretty eloquently," he said, adding wryly, "if that's the right word." He asserted that the pundits' conservative hero Ronald Reagan _ and his _ reached across the aisle to Democrats just like he wants to do as president.

"I do hope that at some point we would just calm down a little bit and see if there are areas that we can agree on for the good of the party and for the good of the country," he said. The critics argue he's too liberal for the party.
    You have just been lectured to by an ELITIST POLITICIAN. Isn't it wonderful, he sounds JUST LIKE his "good friends" Al Gore and John Kerry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234