Like Tree5Likes

Thread: CARSON: REPLACE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION WITH ‘COMPASSIONATE ACTION,’ APPROACH IMMIGRATION

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CARSON: REPLACE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION WITH ‘COMPASSIONATE ACTION,’ APPROACH IMMIGRATION

CARSON: REPLACE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION WITH ‘COMPASSIONATE ACTION,’ APPROACH IMMIGRATION WITH ‘EYES OPEN’

VIDEO AT THE LINK.

by IAN HANCHETT
    11 Sep 2015

Republican presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson advocated replacing race-based affirmative action with “compassionate action” for the “disadvantaged,” and stated that policy towards illegal immigants in the US must be approached “with our eyes open” on Friday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “On the Record.”

Carson expressed his support for replacing affirmative action with “compassionate action,” saying, [relevant remarks begin around 3:00] “I think if we give somebody, you know, an extra nod, it should be based on their circumstances. So, for instance, let’s say I have a son who’s applying to Yale, and he’s got a 4.0 average, and 1600 SATs, and is the best thing since sliced bread, and then there’s a kid from Appalachia whose father was killed in the coal mines when he 5 years old, he’s been all that time, but still has managed a 3.85 grade point average, and 1500 SATs, I think I would perhaps like to give him a little extra consideration. It shouldn’t have anything to do with race It should have everything to do with consideration. We have always rooted for the underdog. We have always given them an extra leg up, and that’s going to help to strengthen our society if we find ways to give them extra consideration.” And “I don’t think affirmative action is appropriate, but I do think that compassionate action is. And of course, you know, it may vary from time to time who benefits the most from it, obviously, whichever group happens to be most disadvantaged would probably be the ones that would benefit the most.”

Carson also commented on immigration, stating, “I think a lot of people like the idea of just rounding everybody else up who doesn’t belong here and finding some place to send them back to, and it sounds pretty good, but I don’t think it’s very practical. But, we have to look at what’s pragmatic. You know, a lot of these people have been here for a significant period of time, have worked, and supported themselves. And I was talking to a farmer in South Dakota who owns an 8,000-acre farm. He says he could not hire a single American to work on his farm, not one, and tried very hard at $11 an hour. I was talking to an owner of a large hotel chain. They told me the same thing. And we’re not talking about, you know, slave wages, either. So, we have to consider that. We have to consider that if we get rid of all these individuals, and we bring in people, and we pay them whatever it is that they want to have, instead of you paying $1.50 for a tomato, you may be paying $3 or $4 for a tomato. Are you willing to do that? That’s a discussion that we need to have as a nation. If we’re willing to do that, then by all means do it, but let’s make sure we go into it with our eyes open.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/...ith-eyes-open/

But, we have to look at what’s pragmatic. You know, a lot of these people have been here for a significant period of time, have worked, and supported themselves
    Those that have never received public assistance for themselves or their children? No free medical,free lunch,WIC,SNAP?
    He says he could not hire a single American to work on his farm, not one, and tried very hard at $11 an hour. I was talking to an owner of a large hotel chain.
    I find this very difficult to believe.....

So, we have to consider that. We have to consider that if we get rid of all these individuals, and we bring in people, and we pay them whatever it is that they want to have, instead of you paying $1.50 for a tomato, you may be paying $3 or $4 for a tomato. Are you willing to do that?
    HELL YES! What is wrong with you Carson? You think it's right to sell out American Jobs, American Welfare, American Life, American Sovereignty over the price of a gawd damn tomato? SERIOUSLY? You sound like those stupid elites who don't really and truly understand where their fvcking bread and butter actually came from.

If Americans have to pay more for food, which in our supply and demand scenario of capitalism isn't determined by labor costs, it's determined by market demand, then we'll pay for it. But there's no evidence that this will even be a consequence of stopping illegal immigration and deporting illegal aliens. But even if it is for some products, what we save in government spending and earn in full time jobs and reflated wages MORE THAN makes up for whatever pittance here and there we may pay for some food items. Tomatoes of all things, tomatoes that we can grow in a pot on our patios, and you want to use this stupid example of why we should allow 20 million or more illegal aliens, 87% of whom are signed up for welfare, to stay in the country and continue to suck US dry as a bone??

I'm just aghast at your stupidity. Are you not aware that we have legal agricultural worker programs? Yes, we do. Are you not aware that Americans still do the bulk of all farming tasks in the US? Yes, we do.

Which means you're an idiot!

And you of all people to want to end affirmative action??!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU???!! There may come a day when we can end affirmative action due to NO NEED, but you listen here you ignoramus, WE ARE NOT THERE YET. Black unemployment at unprecedented levels, women still earning far less than men even for the same jobs doing the same work, Hispanics earning more than blacks but still earning less than whites.

Aren't you just the "special one", who benefited from Affirmative Action to get to college as well as to get hired as a doctor, and YOU want to end the program that helped you so it doesn't help anyone else?

"Compassionate action" .... NO, we do not want or need "compassionate action", take your charity song and dance and stuff it. Affirmative Action is enforcement of civil rights LAWS, not a hand out or a hand up, enforcement of the laws, not sympathy, not "compassion", plain and simple enforcement of civil rights LAWS. When colleges admit students based on merit without regard to race or gender, then we no longer need it. When employers pay on merit without regard to race or gender, then we no longer need it. But that is not the case yet, and far from it.

Carson expressed his support for replacing affirmative action with “compassionate action,” saying, [relevant remarks begin around 3:00] “I think if we give somebody, you know, an extra nod, it should be based on their circumstances. So, for instance, let’s say I have a son who’s applying to Yale, and he’s got a 4.0 average, and 1600 SATs, and is the best thing since sliced bread, and then there’s a kid from Appalachia whose father was killed in the coal mines when he 5 years old, he’s been all that time, but still has managed a 3.85 grade point average, and 1500 SATs, I think I would perhaps like to give him a little extra consideration.
    You are so stupid. Why in the hell would a college not be able to take both students??!! Not enough seats perhaps? Too many immigrants? Too many foreigners sucking up the seats? Population has grown but college hasn't kept pace and expanded their campuses? Have you even been to a college campus recently? The seats aren't full. The classrooms have plenty of vacancies. There's no reason on God's Green Earth our colleges and universities aren't accepting every American who applies that has at least a 2.75 GPA, and screw your stupid SAT tests. What a bunch of nonsense.

LET AMERICAN KIDS WHO WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE GO TO COLLEGE ! If they don't make it, they'll drop out. So what? They got their shot. When I went to college, Freshman classes were filled to the brim, most made it, but some didn't, they flunked out. But at least they got the chance to find out if college was right for them, at least they got the experience, some grew up and went back later. This is how it should be in the United States. There are almost 800,000 foreign students taking up seats every year in our colleges and universities. These people need to go home and study in their own country, so 800,000 more American Kids get a chance for a college education.

Oh my goodness, the more you talk, the more we learn that you're just another inept person who speaks about things he knows nothing about.

Sickening.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-13-2015 at 12:34 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

judy
    I don't like carson at all he is not fit to be our next president at all (trump is )
    did you read this post this girl said on Savage Station she is 100 % right her name is tomi;s

How did his surgical fees compare to $11.00 and hour? Corporate farming vs. family farming ruined farm labor supply, but not only corp farming.. It is one thing when you are a young person working for Farmer Jones and being able to get your wages every Fri. nite, or if necessary even get some gas money after work on Monday. Corps. don't do those things, eh? It is easier for a H.S kid to recruit help for Dad than a corp to recruit out of High Schools.

Fifty six years ago farm labor where I grew up was $1.00 per hour. A prevailing starting wage, but not a loving wage. Probably equal to $16 today, and he complains about not hiring at $11. Corporation farming DOES NOT pay what family farming did, maybe? No, very likely!

Bigger does not mean better always!

Let’s clear up this nobody but illegal aliens will do certain work and/or if you raise wages to attract American workers an apple will cost $4000.

There is so much wrong with this stuff it is hard to know where to begin. Firstly, if the only way a farmer can stay in business is by paying substandard wages with no benefits to illegal aliens then he should not be in business because it is not viable. It may be that the extreme cost of government regulations is making his business unviable. Then let him go and demand Washington stop making it so expensive to run a business that he can not afford to pay a living wage.

All you hear about is crops rotting the field without illegal aliens to pick them. It has been estimated that less than 5% of the low estimate of 11 million illegal aliens are necessary to supply all of the manpower needed for farm work. We are on the cusp of an age of robotic harvesting of crops. And it would be progressing much faster if it were not for cheap illegal alien labor removing the incentives to give robotics a high priority.

So the other 95% of illegal aliens are mostly taking part time and summer jobs opportunities away from American kids or low skilled adults.

When illegal aliens are not available, rather than go out of business, businessmen have found ways to get Americans to do the work. A great part of the problem is the myth that businesses can not survive without illegal aliens has become a self-fulfilling prophesy. With cheap illegal alien workers easily available there is little incentive to find alternatives.

If illegal aliens are given indefinite legal status, like everyone else, they will look for better paying jobs and before long the same businessmen will be telling us they can not find anyone willing to work for them.
    Last edited by csarbww; 09-13-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Let’s clear up this nobody but illegal aliens will do certain work and/or if you raise wages to attract American workers an apple will cost $4000.

There is so much wrong with this stuff it is hard to know where to begin. Firstly, if the only way a farmer can stay in business is by paying substandard wages with no benefits to illegal aliens then he should not be in business because it is not viable. It may be that the extreme cost of government regulations is making his business unviable. Then let him go and demand Washington stop making it so expensive to run a business that he can not afford to pay a living wage.

All you hear about is crops rotting the field without illegal aliens to pick them. It has been estimated that less than 5% of the low estimate of 11 million illegal aliens are necessary to supply all of the manpower needed for farm work. We are on the cusp of an age of robotic harvesting of crops. And it would be progressing much faster if it were not for cheap illegal alien labor removing the incentives to give robotics a high priority.

So the other 95% of illegal aliens are mostly taking part time and summer jobs opportunities away from American kids or low skilled adults.

When illegal aliens are not available, rather than go out of business, businessmen have found ways to get Americans to do the work. A great part of the problem is the myth that businesses can not survive without illegal aliens has become a self-fulfilling prophesy. With cheap illegal alien workers easily available there is little incentive to find alternatives.

If illegal aliens are given indefinite legal status, like everyone else, they will look for better paying jobs and before long the same businessmen will be telling us they can not find anyone willing to work for them.
    Great post!! Americans have always done any job available for a fair wage, and over the years many have done the work for unfair wages, but fought their way through the system to wage increases. These people claiming they can't find Americans to do this work are nothing but treasonous liars, whiners, cheats and thieves.

And, obviously, Ben Carson is one of them. I guess his 16 years of serving on the "boards" of all these companies he mentioned turned him into one. After all, why would Ben Carson who doesn't have any business or corporate experience be asked to serve on the Board of Directors for major corporations like Kellogg and Costco? Their token Uncle Tom?

Ben Carson, you're a disgrace. I've never entered a Costco, but I'll never buy another Kellogg product.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-13-2015 at 05:20 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn