Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

cloture passed, now what?

What is our next move to stop this if any? What other hoops will this bill have to jump to become law? I am sickened by the cloture vote.

Johnny
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="snap_preview">&ldquo;To the German Commander, Nuts! A.C. McAuliffe, Commanding.&rdquo;
    General A.C. McAuliffe
    </div>
    </div>

Johnny, we still have plenty of chances to kill this bill. The cloture vote will only bring the bill back up for debate. Now this is my opinion, but many of the amendments introduced by the Reps are going to put this bill in serious jeopardy because the OBL group supporting this bill have already deemed many of them unfair.
    Even if this bill makes it out of the Senate, there are many opposing Reps in the House which may kill this bill.

There is still hope!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

info coming soon
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Let's stay focused! Regroup. Still one more cloture vote, then final vote in Senate, then of course the House. As Rush Limbaugh just said, still have time to raise hell!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: cloture passed, now what?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny1966
    What is our next move to stop this if any? What other hoops will this bill have to jump to become law? I am sickened by the cloture vote.

Johnny
    This is just the Senate side of things and as you can see that isn't over, yet. Still have the House.

It is not over till the Fat Lady Sings!

Ken

Ken Dreger

Re: reply

Quote Originally Posted by kdreger
    It is not over till the Fat Lady Sings!

Ken

I just saw Pelosi singing.....
    "If you always do what You've always done, You'll always get what you always got!"

“If you ain’t mad, you ain’t paying attention.â€

Isn't it important to let it pass cloture inorder for the bill's passage to be voted on? If cloture would have been a No, then it only means it will continute to be debated.. which I think is a stalemate since every Senator wants their own way. So the vote is for it to go to final passage where it can be voted YES to go to the House and NO for its death. I hpoe I'm right..

Im not giving up.This is my country and will defend her untill my last breath.Just let me know what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by daggul
    Isn't it important to let it pass cloture inorder for the bill's passage to be voted on? If cloture would have been a No, then it only means it will continute to be debated.. which I think is a stalemate since every Senator wants their own way. So the vote is for it to go to final passage where it can be voted YES to go to the House and NO for its death. I hpoe I'm right..
    To me the answer to this is NO. We should have never let this pass to even be further discussed. We needed to make the statement that no matter what they try to add to this piece of crap, Americans DO NOT WANT ANY PART OF IT. Now we have to worry about another vote or two that the snakes will try to get passed. They are going to try to make back door deals and sneak stuff in and we are risking our country, again, because of this yes for cloture.

It should have ended today
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast