Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Company PUTTING ON protest against Arizona law-please email

Hello,

Can you believe a company is Scottsdale is actually PUTTING ON a protest of the Arizona law?

Please email Roslyn Kagy at rally@lush.com and tell her that companies should NOT be political and should not be putting on protests! And that you will never buy their products again.

RE: http://www.lush.com/lushlife/new/sb1070spec.htm

LUSH Scottsdale Protests SB 1070

WHEN: Monday, May 17, 2010 , 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM

WHERE: LUSH Scottsdale | 7014 E. Camelback Rd. #1020 | 480.946.5874

On Friday, April 23rd, Arizona Governor, Jan Brewer signed SB 1070 into effect, which has caused an international outpouring of responses. SB 1070 allows Arizona police officers to stop, interrogate, and detain anyone who appears to be an illegal immigrant. This has essentially legalized racial profiling and is an affront on our civil rights. LUSH wants The State of Arizona to clean up its act, stop SB 1070, and protect the human rights of all people. Scottsdale is the site of our May 2010 Managers Meetings. While many businesses are boycotting Arizona, LUSH was unable to change the location of our meeting. Instead, we are planning a rally to send the message to State of Arizona and nation that LUSH does not support SB 1070. We'll be sending a gigantic letter to the Governor and Obama expressing our opposition and celebrating LUSH as an international company for international customers (and run by international people). Support our campaign against SB 1070 and join us at the SE corner of Scottsdale Fashion Square on Monday, May 17th, between the hours of 2:30 and 6:00 pm, for our Clean Up Your Act, Arizona! rally. We'll be wearing shower caps and robes and shower curtain and bathtub sandwich boards, carrying protest placards, creating visual art and verbalizing key messages. We have signage, but please feel free to dress up, make signs, and express yourself in whatever way you choose. Please help us take a stand for human rights! For further information, please contact Roslyn Kagy at rally@lush.com.

Moving to General Discussion...

Then I will send my e-mail
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

OK here is my e-mail...all sent!

Dear Lush,

Thank you for letting me know that you take a political stand Against the rule of law and the millions of American citizens out of work. I now know you are for chaos and anarchy and I will no longer be able to support a business I feel is un-American. Probably a bad move on your part, especially since more than 70% of Arizonians support SB1070 as does the majority of the country. Doesn't seem like a smart business decision to me, especially from the type of business that has so much competition in this country. I will be sure to inform my family and friends of your decision.

Sincerely,

Sincerely,
    XXXXXXX
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Done.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I tried to plead to common sense and used personal information so as not to be perceived as threatening. That may have been a mistake as I put my name but I cannot be afraid to take a stand either.

I think all these boycotts flying back and forth are kind of sick funny when so many people are too broke to buy anything! Possibly perceived as empty threats when they come from non-customers.

I told her that I will not threaten her business because we need all the business we can get.

They have no way of knowing if we are non-customers when you sell in 40 different country's and I used my real name also
    http://lush.com/

This is a franchise in AZ I am not even sure if they are allowed to do this legally, being a franchise...If I owned a francise and another one took a political stand that could harm my business or against my political view I would be pretty upset, and you can bet I would already be talking to the home office.
    http://www.lushusa.com/shop (az)

Good Job, sending that e-mail sarum.

Does Scttsdale fall under Sheriff Joe's perview? The reason I ask is after I finish emailing this "person" I am sorely tempted to call Sheriff Joe's illegal hotline...LOL! Let him look into their hiring practices.

Excellent point that I did not think of, SOSADFORUS.

Although it is amazing that nobody other than Sheriff Joe has taken our local rag Phoenix New Times to court for the screed that they publish. (They published inflammatory articles against him and then put his full home address in the paper which is a life threatening act.) Last night I was wondering if the fact that they are designated an "Entertainment Weekly" allows them to perpetrate horrendous bias and sow discord and sway public opinion? I still think that they are in the wrong and deserve a legal slap. I used to think that they performed a public service as alternate local news source but not having been a regular consumer, and just picking it up again in the last couple of months I am not seeing the public service aspect at all.

Anyways - Send those e-mails to this Lush Lady Roslyn! We need to present a united front here at Ground Zero!

No I believe Joe is in Phoniex and this business is in Scottsdale. not really sure since I am from Idaho

Joe is the Maricopa County Sheriff and Scottsdale is in Maricopa County.

It is important for these privileged types to realize that the walls of their gated communities will be scaled just as the walls at the border are. They are buying the racial crap and have no idea that the average US citizen is being pitted against the illegals for their very sustenance!

So personally I focused on citizens that I know that are of Mexican descent who cannot pay their student loans because those jobs are given to illegals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast