Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Consider a Marriott Boycott

Bill Marriott spoke today at the national press club - a few notable quotes - the articles are linked for your reading. Marriott needs to clarify this or lose business.

Quote 1
    "This country is powered really by immigrant labor," Bill Marriott, chief executive officer of Marriott International Inc., told an audience at the National Press Club Thursday.

Quote 2
    "The federal government needs to step in with practical changes and devise a system to document the 12 million illegal immigrants already in the U.S., he said, and let them stay and work."

Quote 3"The U.S. lodging industry, Marriott said, will need about 300,000 more workers over the next few years to keep up with growth. And that number of workers can't be found in the U.S. "

Comment on one of the articles from a Reader ( I cant verify this obviously )

"I can't believe the nerve of this guy. No Bill...there are plenty of workers. *YOU* just don't want to pay a decent wage. You want people you can make work for 6 and 7 days straight and won't complain about family and personal time that they've lost.

The unbelievable nerve of this guy. I worked for him for ten years and the smartest thing I EVER did was leave. My whole function as a unit manager was to keep the workers in line and maximize profits at the expense of quality, integrity and ethics. Can't believe he actually said that in public. "

Contact Info

Main office number (301) 380-3000 Press 2

Fax to CEO office (301) 380-8957

Articles

http://www.dailytimesonline.com/apps/pb ... 17045/1002

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=1328969&nid=25

We need to boycott...
    Bank of America
    Home Depot
    Wal-Mart
    Sams Club
    McDonalds