Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Constitution Party

They have some good ideas - obviously about immigration, English as national language, etc. But they are essentially Libertarians - except when it comes to things like abortion. Problem I have with them is that I'm not a Libertarian - in other words I don't want to go back to the 1840's - and that's pretty much what they want as far as the role of the Federal Government. When it comes to foreign policy I agree that Presidential power has gotten out of control, and I believe in hindsight that the Iraq war was a mistake. But I don't subscribe to the Ron Paul outlook on world affairs - which basically says give up our role as a superpower, and trust China, Russia, the Islamic world to "be nice" because we are. Finally. some in the CP subscribe to all the John Birch type conspiracy theories - for instance the Feds want all State drivers licenses (and they would remain State documents don't forget) to conform to certain standards. So it's one more step to a Stalinist state controlling our every move. I know some in ALIPAC believe that, I don't. It's frustrating trying to find a third alternative Party - I might vote CP for a local office but on the national level I don't know if I can do it.

I think we just need a more incremental approach. You can't go from being the Superpower to being a Libertarian style prez in one election. Those ideas take time.

We do need to be strong, and have a strong defense. We just don't need to go on the offensive all the time. I think it truly riles up these other countries when we do.

I just don't know the answer to finding peace in this world .. .it will never be a reality -- we just need to stay strong, and right now, fighting this war, we are spending all our money and wasting our Army on a never ending fight.

Re: Constitution Party

Quote Originally Posted by GUYMAN
    . some in the CP subscribe to all the John Birch type conspiracy theories - for instance the Feds want all State drivers licenses (and they would remain State documents don't forget) to conform to certain standards. So it's one more step to a Stalinist state controlling our every move. I know some in ALIPAC believe that, I don't.
    Yes, some of us do subscribe to, as you put it," John Birch conspiracy theories." Maybe if you read up on it, and compared the insurmountable documentation with what you see happening in front of your eyes, you wouldn't say such nonsense. Open your eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Doots
    . some in the CP subscribe to all the John Birch type conspiracy theories - for instance the Feds want all State drivers licenses (and they would remain State documents don't forget) to conform to certain standards. So it's one more step to a Stalinist state controlling our every move. I know some in ALIPAC believe that, I don't.
    Yes, some of us do subscribe to the, as you put it," John Birch conspiracy theories." Maybe if you read up on it, and compared the insurmountable documentation with you see happening in front of your eyes, you wouldn't say such nonsense. Open your eyes!
    My eyes are wide open. I see reality (a country and a people that are free, with a government that is sometimes wrong, sometimes right that must be held accountable) - you apparently conger up the worst nightmares you can think of and then choose to believe them. Don't worry my friend, if our freedoms really are taken away in my lifetime I'll be on the barricades with you. I'm not buying any sandbags just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doots
    Yes, some of us do subscribe to the, as you put it," John Birch conspiracy theories." Maybe if you read up on it, and compared the insurmountable documentation with you see happening in front of your eyes, you wouldn't say such nonsense. Open your eyes!
    My eyes are wide open. I see reality (a country and a people that are free, with a government that is sometimes wrong, sometimes right that must be held accountable) - you apparently conger up the worst nightmares you can think of and then choose to believe them. Don't worry my friend, if our freedoms really are taken away in my lifetime I'll be on the barricades with you. I'm not buying any sandbags just yet.
    We are seeing the nightmare before our very eyes. It's not conjured up.
    It's plain ignorance or denial if you can't see that we are no longer free.
    How can you expect to fix things when you won't see the whole problem?

Having said that, I'll be the first one to stand beside you, and any other true American in this fight to regain our country.

Hi Guyman. Good to see you still with us.

if our freedoms really are taken away in my lifetime I'll be on the barricades with you
    We lose bits and pieces at a time. Nobody notices or it's not enough to pour out into the street over. Our job as citizens is to be vigilant. I think you're an old guy like me. Surely you must see our freedoms eroding?

Well, I'd like to be at a bar right now drowning McCain's win, but I can't smoke my pipe there any more.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    Hi Guyman. Good to see you still with us.

if our freedoms really are taken away in my lifetime I'll be on the barricades with you
    We lose bits and pieces at a time. Nobody notices or it's not enough to pour out into the street over. Our job as citizens is to be vigilant. I think you're an old guy like me. Surely you must see our freedoms eroding?

Well, I'd like to be at a bar right now drowning McCain's win, but I can't smoke my pipe there any more.
    Your wise loservillelabor......Funny too!

They have some good ideas - obviously about immigration, English as national language, etc. But they are essentially Libertarians - except when it comes to things like abortion. Problem I have with them is that I'm not a Libertarian - in other words I don't want to go back to the 1840's - and that's pretty much what they want as far as the role of the Federal Government. When it comes to foreign policy I agree that Presidential power has gotten out of control, and I believe in hindsight that the Iraq war was a mistake. But I don't subscribe to the Ron Paul outlook on world affairs - which basically says give up our role as a superpower, and trust China, Russia, the Islamic world to "be nice" because we are. Finally. some in the CP subscribe to all the John Birch type conspiracy theories - for instance the Feds want all State drivers licenses (and they would remain State documents don't forget) to conform to certain standards. So it's one more step to a Stalinist state controlling our every move. I know some in ALIPAC believe that, I don't. It's frustrating trying to find a third alternative Party - I might vote CP for a local office but on the national level I don't know if I can do it.
    I hear you. The CP isn't perfect, but it is the best national party out there. I have believed this since I first voted back in 96. I read all of the party platforms, and the CP (American Independent Party in California) fit me the best. The CP is like Ron Paul, but way better. They want to put military on the border and deport illegals. They want to return to a tariff based revenue system.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!