Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Conversation With A Real Mexican

This is not some highly distributed print article like the "Ask a Mexican" piece spread by Village Voice Media (gag me please). This is part of a real conversations with a real life Mexican born immigrant.

He works at a bar I go to on Karaoke night and I have talked to him a little.. but never in depth like this night. This conversation started while I was trying to get him to play pool with me, turns out he only plays some Mexican pool with three balls. His english was not that great so all of the uhh's are where he is trying to find words to say.

Me: So you play Mexican pool then? Do you ever play down at that Spanish billiards place on Shadybrook?
    Mexican: Uhhh... I am Mexicano, but uhhhh not like uhhh Mexicano like that.

Me: What do you mean?
    Mexican: Mexicans like them?! Yes.. they like to uhhh [motions bottle to his lips] and then uhh [motions like he is punching]. Me? nooooo I just.. uhhh....

Me: Chill?
    Mexican: Yes Yes!

Me: So your stereotyping Mexicans?
    Mexican: Most of them... they uhhh not here right. They know no english... i uhh I am learning because I love it here.... i like to be here. Them noooooo they like Mexico.

Me: Oh so you moved here from Mexico?
    Mexican: Yes, I was scared at first but I came with paperwork.... jobs are better... most jobs are better. I like America, I love being here.

Me: So do you go to like Mexican bars at all?
    Mexican: No... DeCache* I don't like it, all of it is Spanish. I like English... I am still uhhhhhh learning yes? [laughs] but I like it better.

Me: Yeah i've seen you out there getting down on the dance floor. You like to dance here?
    Mexican: Yes.. some of the singers.... not so good, but if a girl ask... I dance [laughs again]

Me: Well some night I'll teach you how to play American Pool
    Mexican: Ok, bye..... [he goes back to work]

* - DeCache is a Spanish Dance club in Dallas TX.

I don't care what people say.....there IS a different agenda here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I don't care what people say.....there IS a different agenda here.
    \\

Perhaps - maybe.

Maybe, though, ones who talk like that are having fun with the gringo?

Just a thought.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've had conversations with real Mexicans too......south of the border and they don't think very highly of those that sneak across our border, they know them for what they are!

I get plenty of chances to talk with people who dont' speak the language..

And only a couple deputies know Spanish, so makes it real tough to question someone who don't speak English if those 2 deputies are not available.

Dragon5, remember you from the Dallas protest... I had the pink sign

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    I've had conversations with real Mexicans too......south of the border and they don't think very highly of those that sneak across our border, they know them for what they are!
    Thank you. We need to put in every piece of evidence when the 14th Amendment question goes to the Supreme Court. The fact that these emigres are frequently the rejects of their culture helps. We need to look at this question from a standpoint of reasonableness; the writers of the 14th amendment had no idea of this present situation occuring.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David