Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Crapo and my response

really don't think you answered my question I would like to know what you are going to about the one that are already here and Invading this country with the help of our elites .. There are several places here in driggs that are catering to the Illegals.. with a Place to live.and to work at reduced wages which I think depress the wages of American citizens..
    ----- Original Message -----
    To:
    Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 1:13 PM
    Subject: Correspondence from Senator Crapo

May 12, 2008

Dear

Thank you for contacting me regarding immigration reform and border security. I appreciate hearing your thoughts and welcome the opportunity to respond.

Rarely does an issue invoke more interest from so many Idahoans and people across the nation than the issue of immigration reform and border security.

The system we have needs to be fixed, and I was encouraged by initial reports of the border security and immigration reform agreement -- considered on the floor of the U.S. Senate on two occasions earlier this year -- that included a number of positive steps. However, the proposed solution was flawed. Although the bill contained some very good provisions, particularly in terms of border control, it would have created a separate category providing permanent legal residency for the millions of individuals who have entered the country illegally. I continue to believe a person should not gain an advantage or benefit toward citizenship or legal permanent resident status as a result of illegal entry into the U.S. This only encourages further illegal immigration. os

There were other flaws with the legislation. For example, the permanent legal residency for the approximate twelve million illegal immigrants in the United States would have been granted prior to ensuring that our nation's borders were secure. Further, it failed to address the healthcare costs and tax ramifications of those legalized through the bill, provided legalization before background checks were completed, and had a low burden of proof for legalization, among other flaws.

Unfortunately, these concerns were not properly addressed in the legislation, nor through the amendment process on the two occasions that this bill was considered in the Senate. Therefore, I could not support movement of the legislation through the Senate. That is why I voted against proceeding to a final vote on the adoption of this flawed legislation. The motions to cut off debate and proceed to a vote on the measure failed in getting the 60 votes needed to proceed. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada) withdrew the bill from consideration on both occasions. At this point, all debate of this legislation has been concluded.

I remain committed to the enactment of sound immigration policy. I understand the urgency expressed by many to enact a federal response to address our nation's immigration and border security needs. However, realizing the significant impact of legislation of this magnitude, I will continue to press for not just a temporary fix, but a solid solution that will secure our nation's borders, not provide incentives for further illegal immigration through rewarding illegal entry, provide Americans with the first right to access available jobs, and enable an efficient and workable guest worker program.

Please rest assured that I will continue to work with President Bush, my colleagues in Congress and all Idahoans to find sensible solutions to the challenges we face with regard to immigration.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please feel free to contact me in the future on this or other matters of interest to you. For more information about the issues before the U.S. Senate as well as news releases, photos, and other items of interest, please visit my Senate website, http://crapo.senate.gov.

Sincerely,

Mike Crapo

United States Senator

Frmr, I don't have an ounce of confidence that our *&#$ government will do anything but show a token effort on Illegal Immigration. I believe deep down in my bones that a public uprising of some kind is the only thing that can stop this insanity!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Frmr, I don't have an ounce of confidence that our *&#$ government will do anything but show a token effort on Illegal Immigration. I believe deep down in my bones that a public uprising of some kind is the only thing that can stop this insanity!
    Think maybe a big turn out or a show of support within this group will help keep asking what the heckmthey are going to about it. Write and let them know we are not happy in any way shape or form

Semper Fi

Well your Senator has a good rating with numbers usa A- . Not bad . Now look at my Fl Senators D- . Even their Form letters are twisted Anti-American karl rove logic specials . On sale now at WalMart in the Fiction section .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*