Cruz Slams Media For Immigration Coverage [video]

DEREK HUNTER
Contributor
10:14 PM 11/10/2015

“The Democrats are laughing,” Senator Ted Cruz said at Tuesday’s Fox Business Channel debate. “If Republicans join Democrats as the party of amnesty, we will lose.”

“You know, I understand when the mainstream media covers immigration it doesn’t often see it as an economic issue,” Cruz said. “But I can tell you for millions of Americans at home watching this it is a very personal economic issue. And I will say the politics of it would be very, very different if a bunch of lawyers or bankers were crossing the Rio Grande. Or if a bunch of people with journalism degrees were coming over and driving down the wages in the press. Then we would hear stories of the economic calamity that befalling our nation.”

“And I will say, for those of us who believe people ought to come to this country legally and we should enforce the law, we’re tired of being told it’s anti-immigrant. It’s offensive,” Cruz said. “I am the son of an immigrant who came from Cuba to embrace the American dream. And we can embrace legal immigration while believing in the rule of law.”

“It’s not compassionate to say we’re not going to enforce the laws and we’re going to drive down the wages for millions of hard working men and women,” Cruz concluded. “That is abandoning the working people.”

WATCH:

http://dailycaller.com/2015/11/10/cr...overage-video/