Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSPAN2 Disingenious To The Public

I just noticed that as the Senate is debating the Iraq Funding Bill, at the bottom of the screen they list the provisions of the Domestic portion of this bill. I watched twice as they listed everything except for the amnesty portion of this bill. That made me mad so I called CSPAN and told them that omitting that portion of the domestic provisions in this bill is a disservice to the viewers. The girl who answered the phone said she would pass the information along. Here's the number if they don't correct this and some of you want to call. 202-737-3220
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    This was posted in annoucements and I am sharing it here! PLEASE SIGN!

ladyshondra
    ALIPAC New Recruit!

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:06 am Post subject: email from Sen. Inhofe..i hope the links works, sign letter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just recieved this email from Senator Inhofe

"I am emailing you on an urgent matter. Last week, several U.S. Senators inserted immigration measures into a crucial War Spending bill in an attempt to force the Senate to legalize illegal workers. If allowed to pass, one of these provisions would grant amnesty to between 1.35 and 3 million illegal workers, while containing no requirement that these immigrants prove they paid their taxes for the days they worked illegally.

Allowing this amnesty amendment to stall important, necessary war funds is a slap in the face to our men and women in uniform. That is why I am asking you to co-sign a letter to Senate Democrat Leader Harry Reid calling for the amendment's removal from the bill. I joined many of my colleagues in proudly signing this letter and I know you would like the opportunity to do the same.

This is the full text of the letter to Senator Reid I am asking you to sign with me:

We write to express disappointment that the Senate Appropriations Committee chose to include in the War Supplemental more than 100 pages of immigration language that would grant legal status to more than one million illegal alien agricultural workers and their families. We urge you to remove these controversial provisions from the bill so we can enact essential funding for our troops without delay. If these provisions remain in the bill, you can expect a vigorous debate on immigration policy.

Please join me in telling Senate leaders that the vast majority of American people want border security and enforcement. Tell Senator Harry Reid that it's unacceptable to play politics when it comes to our military men and women.

And after you co-sign the letter, please forward it to your family and friends.

The Senate Amnesty Caucus is at it again and they must be stopped. Failure to defeat this amendment could set a dangerous precedent in the Senate. Give an inch on this issue and we can count on the Amnesty Caucus to try and stretch it into a mile.

So please help me quickly demonstrate that conservative Senators' firm stance on the amnesty amendment is backed by tens of thousands of American voters.

Sincerely,

Jim Inhofe"

link below to sign letter:

http://www.jiminhofe.com/Blog/Read.aspx ... 41b45bc6b4

Thanks, April. I signed it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Thanks, April. I signed it.
    You're welcome! I signed too!

I signed, and...

I agree with you tinybob about the premise in your OP here.

Normally, (and I've watched a lot of legislative "stuff" on CSpan, CSpan2....) they would have included a mention of the amnesty Feinstein-Craig amendment in their captioned overview. This time...<nothing>. It's a good question, and I'll make a call/send an email too.

They do need to include important aspects of the bill in their summaries and overviews.

MW
    Signed.

The letter would probably be more visible if it had a dedicated thread.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

April
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Signed.

The letter would probably be more visible if it had a dedicated thread.
    It does have a dedicated thread, I just got carried away and posted it everywhere!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-689958.html#689958