Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CSpan2 - US Senate Convened 7:30am PT 10/24/07

Good morning everyone! I can only maintain this for a couple of hours this morning - so I can't promise to be around after such time.

Activity Now: Senate is already in session.

Debates focused on Judge Southwick nomination/approval.

I have heard only scant details on the timeline for the approval processes for this morning. But I believe, the Southwick issue will take at least the next 1 hour or so. After that...? - Be ready!

7:35am PT.

=======

Update: For those that can follow along on their own computer -
    http://www.cspan.org - and look for the set of video stream options in lower right part of main page. They also have a 'radio' (audio only?) feed available too. This might be good for those that are 'bandwidth limited'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have a question. Does anyone know if Sen. Boxer is out of DC and in California due to the fires? If so can a Senator vote by proxy on a Cloture motion or do they need to be present to cast a vote. If they need to be present and Boxer is gone it will be the first time a Senator from CA did something right it the Senate in a very long time.

Bulldogger, I asked the same thing about Teddy Kennedy recuperating in Hyannisport.

I was told they had to be on the Senate floor to be able to vote.

I guess this may answer your question, dog:

http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/fire- ... hern-fires

Late-breaking letters: Senators AWOL during Southern California disaster
    Letters to the editor for Oct. 23, 2007
    Comments 0| Recommend 3

You may recall that the U.S. Democratic Senators got together and tried to severely punish the U.S. president for not going directly to Louisiana in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina.

California has two Senators. Neither of these Senators are in Southern California but in Washington D.C. making various speeches. My gosh, shame on them huh, Mr. President.

Barbara Boxer was a screamer regarding the president's not-soon-enough appearance in Louisiana.

The Senator has her Web-site up and running about the fires. She has issued fire statements. She has her staff in the major fire areas. She has not come to us. It must just be too smoky and hot for her to be here in Southern California.

While Feinstein is in Washington D.C., still basking in the warm glow her achievement of giving the Congressional Gold Medal to the Dalai Lama. Perhaps the Senator is afraid that her pearls might dirty get or even melt if she were to climb out of her bathtub and take-in our disaster first hand.

Will they come, not now or ever. The upstate senators just don't care about American people living in Southern California.

– Mr. and Mrs. Clayton Carver of Fullerton

Wednesday, Oct 24, 2007

9:00 a.m.: Resume consideration of the Leslie Southwick U.S. Circuit Judge nomination.

Thereafter, consider the motion to proceed on S.2205, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act.

They are voting on the nomination and it may just be a cloture vote now! Next up... The Dread Amnesty!!!!

They expected this vote to happen around 11am EST.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    I have a question. Does anyone know if Sen. Boxer is out of DC and in California due to the fires? If so can a Senator vote by proxy on a Cloture motion or do they need to be present to cast a vote. If they need to be present and Boxer is gone it will be the first time a Senator from CA did something right it the Senate in a very long time.
    Senator Boxer is present at hearings. I just heard her name announced. Do you really think she would come back to California for the fires?

That is an awesome letter! I wish the media would report the info but that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by realbsball
    Bulldogger, I asked the same thing about Teddy Kennedy recuperating in Hyannisport.

I was told they had to be on the Senate floor to be able to vote.
    LaRaza will probably hire one of those 'skycrane' type cargo helicopters to airlift Teddy to DC so he can vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakers
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Senator Boxer is present at hearings. I just heard her name announced. Do you really think she would come back to California for the fires?
    Hearings is an excuse, most Senators are in some kind of hearings or committee meeting, her and Feinstein just want to be sure they are close to the Senate floor so they can get there to put their traitorous vote in on the "Dream Act".
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I don't remember where I saw on TV, probably Lou Dobbs show, because that is usually the only one I watch. They showed a Senator or Rep. sitting alone and pushing the button on the desk to his left, right, and behind him during voting. This was within the last two weeks.

Saw it with my own eyes.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast