Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Our education system--pretty sad state of affairs
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am sure Dallas schools are no different than Houston schools. The kids show up 30 minutes late for the 1st period of the day because momma can't get them here on time. The bring nothing to school, no paper, no pen and pencil. The can't sit still long enough to listen to what is being taught because many of them are products of parents who were on drugs. When ask to read, most of them in high school level read on an elementary level. Because there is a mix of 1or 2 with a capacity to learn and those who are dumber than rocks you have to teach to the bottom and still nothing is absorbed. Most of the kids work until midnight or 3 am, the rest have been out smoking dope and doing cocaine and come to school still high from the night before. Is it a big surprise that they can't add or subtract?

Who can we blame? How about parents....they are the ones responsible for making sure their own kids get to school ON TIME and with the supplies they need to learn. They are the ones who are responsible for making sure their own kids are home and in bed early enough to function and learn the next day. The parents (adults ) are also the ones responsible for making sure their own kids are learning on level. But how can you do that when so many of our parents are illegal, illiterate, and place NO value on an education. You can't raise kids like rats, yet children of illegals and some minority groups seem to not understand this.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

My children are now grown, college educated however the last 6 years of my youngest I seen my local Texas school was not doing the job we struggled and came up with the money to hire private tutoring and it paid off big time.

This is my opinion if you have a young child and your family has good values do not send your child to public school it is a no win situation unless we make changes, over 50% of minority kids drop out in effect we are building a third world country within our country.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    My children are now grown, college educated however the last 6 years of my youngest I seen my local Texas school was not doing the job we struggled and came up with the money to hire private tutoring and it paid off big time.

This is my opinion if you have a young child and your family has good values do not send your child to public school it is a no win situation unless we make changes, over 50% of minority kids drop out in effect we are building a third world country within our country.
    For the most part, teacher try to do the right thing and educate kids. Our education system is making it impossible and parents are doing very little to help. Instead of teachers, they want baby sitters. It gets quite impossible to educate kids when they are allowed to come to school and not feel like they need to learn. My parents insisted this be done by the application of consequences if my grades were bad. So it was a priority.

What I see is that many kids are not being reached in middle school. Despite what we are being told, they are just being socially promoted because they are too old to be in middle school. So they come to high school with 5th grade skills. Then high school have to waste time trying to get them on to the normal grade level. Most never make it.

Here in Texas, we fine parents through our courts, who are unexcused for more than 4 times. We also go out and drag back all those kids who caused trouble and disrupted classes and later on dropped out. So we have our classroom loaded with disruptive kids who don't want to be in school. School discipline is not enforced by school administrators so quickly all teacher have time to do is try to keep the peace in the classroom.

I can't count how many teachers I know that have been verbally abused by kids, and even assaulted. If a teacher ever puts a hand on a kid, no matter what the circumstance, you are automatically sent to the warehouse and eventually fired. Despite federal laws that give us the right to use necessary force to protect ourselves. I know of a man here that was send to the hospital after 5 kids jumped him in the classroom and brutally kicked and beat him. The school district did nothing.

This is the type atmosphere many "good" kids have to put up with on a daily basis. Exactly why many of us move to the suburbs and put our kids in private school. Its a real shame, but until our educational system realizes we are not all equal and quits catering to minority groups so strongly I don't expect things to change. In fact, it will probably get worse as many adults, especially males are not wanting to teach. Already nest year school are fighting to get enough teachers to educated kids. Who in the world wants to take what teachers have to put up with?
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12